Draft Grader: Buffalo Bills | ProFootballFocus.com
"In case you haven’t noticed we’ve been going back over the 2008, 2009, and 2010 draft classes of each franchise and assigning each pick a grade. Up next? Well that’s the Buffalo Bills."
None of the grades are surprising. Taking into account draft position, it's hard to argue with busts like Aaron Maybin and James Hardy. Seeing Jairus Byrd a grouping above Andy Levitre stood out to me, thinking they have had similar careers and draft spots. Take some time to check out the other teams, too, who have all had draft misses.
Inside Mike Pettine’s Playbook Part One: Pettine’s Philosophy | Bills Mafia
Taken from a coaching clinic a few years back, Mike Pettine's defensive objectives are broken down here in the first of a multi-part series at the Bills Mafia website. If you want to know the fundamentals behind the system, this is a good start.
Kolb signing might save a Buffalo gaffe - Olean Times Herald
"Still, Jackson and Kolb, who endured two disastrous health-related season in Arizona, give the Bills two veterans ostensibly battling for the starting job. That would seemingly preclude an obligatory 'reach' for a QB in the first round and the possibility of taking the hard-to-assess Geno Smith from West Virginia, Matt Barkley of the flawed USC lineage (think Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart) or, the worst alternative, new coach Doug Marrone’s pet, Syracuse’s Ryan Nassib."
Bills host private workout for QB Nassib, other SU draft prospects - BuffaloBills.com
"The Bills brain trust put Nassib through a private workout today as well as four other Syracuse draft eligible players. G/C Zack Chibane, WR Alec Lemon, WR Marcus Sales, and TE David Stevens rounded out the group."
Bills logo was artist’s crowning achievement - The Buffalo News
Read the story of the man who designed the "charging" Buffalo Bills logo.
In case you missed it
- Buffalo Rumblings turned six years old yesterday.
- Brian looked at last year's pre-draft visitors and projected how it could reflect the 2013 crop.
- The NFL announced Buffalo's preseason opponents and a rough schedule.
- The Bills signed defensive tackle Alan Branch. He'll add versatility, and Branch's agent thinks it's a mutually beneficial arrangement (as if he'd say anything else at this point).
- Bills players returned for offseason workouts while looking towards the past for inspiration.
- Stephon Gilmore changed his jersey number
- Kevin Kolb still has not officially signed, but it sounded like it was a formality when he talked to The Buffalo News n Thursday. Greg Cosell of NFL Films likes the move, by the way.