With the twenty-second pick in the 2016 Buffalo Rumblings Community Mock, the Houston Texans, and general manager Joe the Butcher, have selected Braxton Miller, wide receiver from Ohio State. Here's what he had to say about the pick:
It came down to three young men here, and the final decision might come as a surprise to some, but this is a draft move I can live with.
I will elect to pass on DT Andrew Billings and WR Laquon Treadwell and ultimately select Ohio State WR Braxton Miller. Miller's upside and potential is what makes him the pick over Treadwell, who very well may have topped out at the collegiate level. I like his speed, ability to make a defender miss, and the way he compliments star DeAndre Hopkins.
As a Bills fan first, I thought to myself...with a stud like Hopkins (read: Watkins if you're talking Bills) taking a WR in the first round might be a luxury pick, but Osweiler (read: Taylor) needs all of the weapons he can get. I predict Braxton Miller ultimately becomes a Swiss army knife on offense and eventually will be catching passes, running out of the backfield and heck perhaps even throwing a few touchdowns to his counterpart Hopkins.
If I'm Houston I try to trade back into the first round after this selection and snag a big bodied D-Lineman and maybe even a guard...(think Minnesota Vikings, three first round picks in 2013) Since the Texans D is solid and is what got them to the playoffs last season, the first pick is on offense and Miller is my guy.
The Washington Redskins are now on the clock. Remember, when it's your turn to submit a draft choice, email it to email@example.com.
- Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
- Browns: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
- Cowboys: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
- Jaguars: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- Ravens: DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
- 49ers: Jared Goff, QB, Cal
- Vikings: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
- Buccaneers: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
- Giants: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Bears: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
- Saints: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
- Dolphins: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
- Raiders: Vernon Butler, DT, LA Tech
- Rams: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
- Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
- Falcons: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
- Colts: Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State
- Bills: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
- Bengals: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
- Eagles: Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
- Texans: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
Dan's top five remaining
- Kenny Clark
- Jaylon Smith
- Robert Nkemdiche
- Laquon Treadwell
- Jonathan Bullard
What do you think of this pick? Cast your vote in the poll below!