With pick No. 25 in the 2016 Buffalo Rumblings Community Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and general manager HardcoreBillsFan_37, have selected A'Shawn Robinson, defensive tackle from Alabama. Here's what he had to say about the pick:
It really came down to two people for me, Robinson and Apple. Both players were atop my big board and both players filled a major need on my team. Apple would've given me the physicality at CB that we sorely lacked on the back end last year, while also adding that #1 CB that the Steelers' have lacked since Ike Taylor's glory days. Ultimately, I chose Robinson.
With the two picks being a coin flip, I went with the saying that "The closer you are to the QB the more you get paid." Mostly because you make an impact on the play in a quicker amount of time. A good D-line can cover up a myriad of holes on defense, and Pittsburgh lacks a true NT that will allow their D-line to take the next step. Robinson gives them that NT. He'll slot in between Stephon Tuitt and Cameron Heyward, both very good 3-4 DEs. This will hopefully put Pittsburgh back in the discussion for a dominant front with three monsters clogging up the lane for opposing offenses.
Robinson can take on blockers with ease and still make the tackle. He plays the run very well, doing a good job of staying square in the hole or when engaged. He has excellent power to drive into the backfield. When rushing the passer he displays some unique athleticism for a man of his size. Though it doesn't always shine through all the time, it's there. There are the plays where he does something that only a person about 40 pounds lighter should be able to do. Add this together with his above average power and you have the perfect storm. He's able to shoot the gaps when asked to, he can play some DE but he's not quite that fast. Overall, he's at his best rushing the passer when he's inside a phone both with either a G or C across from him and he can use his superior athleticism and strength to his advantage. His technique will need some work, but he'll get it from the Steelers.
I've still got a few holes at S and CB, but I just shored up the D-line with a player that has a skill set that can have him being a All-Pro in a year or two. I'll take it.
The Seattle Seahawks are now on the clock. Remember, when it's your turn to submit a draft choice, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
- Browns: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
- Cowboys: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
- Jaguars: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- Ravens: DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
- 49ers: Jared Goff, QB, Cal
- Vikings: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
- Buccaneers: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
- Giants: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Bears: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
- Saints: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
- Dolphins: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
- Raiders: Vernon Butler, DT, LA Tech
- Rams: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
- Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
- Falcons: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
- Colts: Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State
- Bills: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
- Bengals: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
- Eagles: Noah Spence, DE/OLB, Eastern Kentucky
- Texans: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
- Redskins: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
- Jets: Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
- Steelers: A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
Dan's top five remaining
- Kenny Clark
- Jaylon Smith
- Robert Nkemdiche
- Laquon Treadwell
- Jonathan Bullard
What do you think of this pick? Cast your vote in the poll below!