The 2016 SB Nation NFL Writers Mock Draft has continued to roll on for the last two weeks at Mocking the Draft, and guess what: the Buffalo Bills are on the clock again. Our second-round pick, to pair with first-round pick Reggie Ragland, publishes on Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. ET.
Just like with our first-round selections, our pick history in Round 2 is spotty at best - although there have been enough hits where I'm not 100 percent embarrassed to publish the list. Here it is, by the way:
2007: Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State
Totaled 582 yards from scrimmage and zero touchdowns in two seasons with St. Louis. The running the back the Bills ended up taking in '07, Marshawn Lynch, enjoyed a tad more success.
2008: Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M
Over the last four seasons, Bennett has emerged as a quality starting tight end. The one-time Pro Bowl player has 348 receptions for 3,586 yards and 23 touchdowns in his eight pro seasons.
2009: Max Unger, C, Oregon
Injuries have been an issue, limiting him to 83 games in his seven seasons, but Unger is an above-average starting center in the league, with a first team All-Pro and two Pro Bowl appearances on his CV.
2010: Eric Norwood, LB, South Carolina
Like Pittman before him, Norwood only played in the league for two years; he was snagged in the fourth round by Carolina, and recorded just one sack, which came in his rookie season.
2011: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Locker retired after four pro seasons, in which he started 23 games for Tennessee and posted an overall quarterback rating of 79.0 as a Top 10 pick.
2012: Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse
Traded from New England to Arizona earlier this offseason. He'll soon land a huge contract extension after posting 36 sacks and 10 forced fumbles in his first four seasons, earning a Pro Bowl bid along the way.
2013: EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State
Obviously, the Bills ended up picking Manuel in the first round that year. He's started 16 games in three seasons, and has an overall quarterback rating of 78.5.
2014: Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
Picked by San Francisco at the tail end of Round 1, Ward started to come into his own in 2015 as a sub-package defensive back capable of playing corner or safety.
2015: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
He has yet to appear in a pro game after missing most of the 2015 season due to injury, but Cincinnati saw enough on tape to use the No. 21 pick on him last year despite the injury concern.
Below, you'll find the Top 48 picks from this year's mock draft. Our second-round pick for the Bills publishes Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. ET. Who do you think we took?
2016 SB Nation NFL Writers Mock Draft results
- Titans: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Mississippi
- Browns: Jared Goff, QB, California
- Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, S, Florida State
- Cowboys: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
- Jaguars: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
- Ravens: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- 49ers: DeForest Buckner, DL, Oregon
- Eagles: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Buccaneers: Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky
- Giants: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
- Bears: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
- Saints: A'Shawn Robinson, DL, Alabama
- Dolphins: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
- Raiders: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
- Rams: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
- Lions: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
- Falcons: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
- Colts: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
- Bills: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
- Jets: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
- Redskins: Andrew Billings, DL, Baylor
- Texans: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
- Vikings: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
- Bengals: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Mississippi
- Steelers: William Jackson III, CB, Houston
- Seahawks: Jonathan Bullard, DL, Florida
- Packers: Jarran Reed, DL, Alabama
- Chiefs: Vernon Butler, DL, Louisiana Tech
- Cardinals: Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Mississippi
- Panthers: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
- Broncos: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
- Browns: Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State
- Titans: Chris Jones, DL, Mississippi State
- Cowboys: Sheldon Rankins, DL, Louisville
- Chargers: Cody Whitehair, OG, Kansas State
- Ravens: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
- 49ers: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
- Jaguars: Leonard Floyd, LB, Georgia
- Buccaneers: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
- Giants: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
- Bears: Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama
- Dolphins: Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame
- Rams: Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State
- Raiders: Darian Thompson, S, Boise State
- Rams: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
- Lions: Jeremy Cash, S, Duke
- Saints: Joshua Garnett, OG, Stanford
- Colts: Austin Johnson, DL, Penn State