The Buffalo Bills announced yesterday that individual game tickets will go on sale a week from today on July 19th at 9 a.m. on Ticketmaster or dialing 1-877-BB-TICKS (228-4257). Over the past couple years, tickets for some games have been unavailable, especially in the early parts of the season.
This is the first time the Bills are using a tiered pricing model that includes a “platinum level” in addition to the gold, silver, and bronze levels they’ve used since switching to variable pricing a few seasons ago. Prices are based on opponent, anticipated weather conditions, and frequency of the team being in Western New York. Here is the breakdown of the game costs:
Platinum (from $86 to $152)
• Week Two: Thursday, Sept. 15, 8:25 p.m. vs. New York Jets.
Gold (from $80 to $144)
• Week Three, Sunday, Sept. 25, 1 p.m. vs. Arizona Cardinals.
• Week Six, Sunday, Oct. 16, 1 p.m. vs. San Francisco 49ers.
• Week Eight, Sunday, Oct. 30, 1 p.m. vs. New England Patriots
• Week 14, Sunday, Dec. 11, 1 p.m. vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Silver (from $66 to $118)
• Week 12, Sunday, Nov. 27, 1 p.m. vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
Bronze (from $54 to $98)
• Week 15, Sunday, Dec. 18, 1 p.m. vs. Cleveland Browns
• Week 16, Saturday, Dec. 24, 1 p.m. vs. Miami Dolphins
Preseason (from $44 to $80)
• Aug. 13, 7 p.m., vs. Indianapolis Colts.
• Aug 20, 4 p.m., vs. New York Giants.
Because of the new policy, ensuring every game is broadcast regardless of blackouts, team president Russ Brandon hasn’t been updating fans on the state of individual game sell outs during the offseason. For now, we don’t know which games have limited or even no tickets available but expect the home opener against the Jets to be limited at best.