The Buffalo Bills held their third practice of training camp Monday morning at St. John Fisher College in Pittsford, NY. It was the first session with pads. For your convenience, we did some meta-analysis and synthesized all the camp reports into one, easy-to-read post. Here are the major storylines:
- Hello, Reggie Bush: Before the 10am practice started, Vic Carucci sent out a tweet on the potential contract details for Bush, which include incentives tied to play on special teams. John Wawrow snapped a picture of the veteran running back outside the Bills’ dorms. Rex also commented that he’s not happy with the state of the return game. Sal Capaccio astutely tweeted that quote could indicate Bush is about to sign.
- Rex lauds Stephon Gilmore’s play: After practice, Rex Ryan praised Gilmore’s performance through three days of camp, saying “whatever he did in the offseason has been terrific. He's been the most impressive guy out here.” In one of his play-by-play tweets, Capaccio mentioned Gilmore picked off Taylor on a pass down the sideline intended for Greg Little.
- LOOK OUT!: Errant throws early in camp aren’t too rare. This year’s super-errant toss came from the arm of rookie Cardale Jones, according to Sal Mariorana. We are still trying to confirm which reporter got hit in the process and if he now has a cracked screen.
- Sleeper for No. 3 WR: Some of the Pro Football Focus guys were on hand today to take in Bills practice, and Senior Analyst Sam Monson was very impressed by... Walt Powell. Also worth noting was Greg Little’s inclusion with the first team to start practice alonside Robert Woods and Dez Lewis.
- Lap time: Yesterday, Rex Ryan made it known he’s not tolerating pre-snap penalties, yanking defensive linemen from drills and making them run a “penalty lap” if they hopped offsides. Today that continued. Per Vic Carucci, three players were sent on penalty laps for pre-snap flags, including rookie Adolphus Washington and Eric Wood.
- Tyrod connecting with WRs deep: The Bills quarterback lofted a few perfectly placed passes down the field to receivers at practice on Monday. Some of the recipients were Little, Woods and Powell. He also found LeSean McCoy and Woods for touchdowns in red-zone work.