The Buffalo Bills were off this week and with the New York Jets and New England Patriots squaring off, we knew one of them was going to pass Buffalo to take over first place in the AFC East. A New England win puts the Patriots back into that familiar territory.
The rest of the week’s games mostly helped the Bills. Outside of the Miami Dolphins, most of the AFC teams in the hunt lost. Buffalo remains in playoff position in a wide open AFC, where more than ten of the 16 teams have three losses or more on the season.
Here is an updated look at the standings with one AFC South matchup still left to be played Monday night.
AFC Playoff Standings
1. Kansas City Chiefs (5-1)
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2, 3-1 AFC)
3. New England Patriots (4-2, 2-1 AFC)
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3, 3-2 AFC, head-to-head win over HOU)
5. Buffalo Bills (3-2, 1-0 AFCE, 2-1 AFC, head-to-head win over DEN)
6t. Miami Dolphins (3-2, 0-1 AFCE, 2-1 AFC)
6t. Denver Broncos (3-2, 2-1 AFC, head-to-head loss to BUF)
8. Baltimore Ravens (3-3, 3-2 AFC, head-to-head loss to JAX)
9t. New York Jets (3-3, 3-3 AFC)
9t. Houston Texans (3-3, 3-3 AFC)
11. Indianapolis Colts (2-3, 1-0 AFC)*
12. Cincinnati Bengals (2-3, 2-2 AFC)
13. Tennessee Titans (2-3, 1-3 AFC)*
14. Los Angeles Chargers (2-4, head-to-head win over OAK)
15. Oakland Raiders (2-4, head-to-head loss to LAC)
16. Cleveland Browns (0-6)
- Indianapolis and Tennessee play on Monday Night Football.