The Buffalo Bills took care of business on Sunday, defeating the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Era Field. With the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins squaring off, the Bills had to win just to keep pace in the division. The New England Patriots also won on Sunday night, so Buffalo is still a half-game back in the division.
The rest of the AFC is wide open, though. The formerly top-seeded Kansas City Chiefs lost on Thursday night. The AFC South features two teams with 4-3 records at the top (Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars) but the AFC East is dominating the Wild Card spots currently with the Bills and Dolphins the only two teams two games above .500 that aren’t leading their division.
With an important home game against a key AFC opponent looming, here are the updated AFC standings. Only the tiebreakers that currently come into play are listed.
AFC Playoff Standings
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-2, head-to-head win over KC)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (5-2, head-to-head loss to PIT, head-to-head win over NE)
3. New England Patriots (5-2, head-to-head loss to KC)
4. Tennessee Titans (4-3, head-to-head win over JAX)
5. Buffalo Bills (4-2, 1-0 AFCE)
6. Miami Dolphins (4-2, 1-1 AFCE)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-3, head-to-head loss to TEN)
8t. Houston Texans (3-3, 3-3 AFC)
8t. Denver Broncos (3-3, 2-2 AFC)
10. Baltimore Ravens (3-4, 3-2 AFC)
11. New York Jets (3-4, 3-4 AFC)
12. Los Angeles Chargers (3-4, 2-3 AFC, head-to-head win over OAK)
13. Oakland Raiders (3-4, head-to-head loss to LAC)
14. Cincinnati Bengals (2-4)
15. Indianapolis Colts (2-5)
16. Cleveland Browns (0-7)