Following Sunday’s impressive 34-14 win over the Oakland Raiders Sunday at New Era Field, the Buffalo Bills (5-2) are one of three teams with perfect records in home games during the 2017 season.
Buffalo (4-0), the Philadelphia Eagles (4-0), and the Seattle Seahawks (3-0) are the only teams with undefeated records at home, but the Bills have something else to be proud of when it comes to playing before the rowdy and raucous fans of Western New York: the Bills have the longest active streak of games scoring 20-plus points at home, having surpassed 20 points in their last 13 games in Orchard Park.
The New England Patriots are second with a nine-game streak, followed by the Eagles with a six-game streak.
This stat is hard to grasp. pic.twitter.com/3YPf95sz0p— Prescott Rossi (@PrescottRossi) October 29, 2017
The last time the Bills didn’t surpass 20 points at home was still a victory, as Buffalo scored a 16-6 win over the Dallas Cowboys on December 27, 2015. Following a primetime game Thursday night at the New York Jets, the Bills will look to extend this streak to 14 during the Nov. 12 home game vs. the New Orleans Saints.
Buffalo’s record during the current streak is 9-4. The complete list of home game results during this remarkable streak:
- Oct. 29, 2017: Defeated the Oakland Raiders, 34-14
- Oct. 22, 2017: Defeated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 30-27
- Sept. 24, 2017: Defeated the Denver Broncos, 26-16
- Sept. 10, 2017: Defeated the New York Jets, 21-12
- Dec. 24, 2016: Lost to the Miami Dolphins, 34-31 (OT)
- Dec. 18, 2016: Defeated the Cleveland Browns, 33-13
- Dec. 11, 2016: Lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers, 27-20
- Nov. 27, 2016: Defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars, 28-21
- Oct. 30, 2016: Lost to the New England Patriots, 41-25
- Oct. 16, 2016: Defeated the San Francisco 49ers, 45-16
- Sept. 25, 2016: Defeated the Arizona Cardinals, 33-18
- Sept. 15, 2016: Lost to the New York Jets, 37-31
- Jan. 3, 2016: Defeated the New York Jets, 22-17