As you may have heard, rookie quarterback Nathan Peterman will make the first start of his NFL career when the Buffalo Bills travel west to face the Los Angeles Chargers at 4:05 p.m. Sunday afternoon in a game with huge playoff implications for both teams.
Buffalo (5-4) is currently the last Wild Card team in the AFC. They need a win to both keep pace in the race for a playoff spot and to regain momentum following a disappointing two-game slide vs. the New York Jets and the New Orleans Saints. A loss by the Chargers (3-6) essentially eliminates them from postseason consideration.
This will be the 38th game all-time in the series between the Bills and the San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers, and the first time the teams have squared off in Los Angeles since Nov. 20, 1960, when the Bills, in their first season as an American Football League franchise, routed the Chargers 32-3.
The Chargers lead the all-time series 23-12-2, with the Bills taking two of the three postseason meetings, including a 20-7 win in the 1964 AFL Championship game, and a 23-0 shutout win in the 1965 AFL Championship.
In the most recent matchup, the San Diego Chargers traveled to Western New York and emerged with a 22-10 win on Sept. 21, 2014.
Here’s how to watch the game game from home:
Buffalo Bills (5-4) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-6)
- Game Date/Time: Sunday, November 19th, 4:05 p.m. Eastern
- Location: StubHub Center, Carson, Calif.
- TV: FOX WUTV 29 in Buffalo, WUHF 31 in Rochester, WSYT 68 in Syracuse, WFXV 33 in Utica, WXXA 23 in Albany (full broadcast map)
- Announcers: Play-by-play Chris Myers, color analyst Daryl Johnston, sideline reporter Laura Okmin
- Radio: WGR 550AM (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 FM and WROC 950 AM (Rochester), Fan 590 AM (Toronto), WKTW 99.5 FM/WKTV 105.5 FM (Syracuse) and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network.
- Radio Play-by-Play: John Murphy and Mark Kelso in the booth with sideline reporter Sal Capaccio.
- Online: NFL Game Pass, NFL.com Game Center
- Friday Injury Report: Full participants (Buffalo): E.J. Gaines (hamstring), Stephen Hauschka (hip), Zay Jones (ankle). Limited participants: Charles Clay (knee), Jerry Hughes (shin/calf), Jordan Matthews (knee). Ruled out: Cordy Glenn (ankle/foot), John Miller (ankle), Mike Tolbert (hamstring). Los Angeles: Full participants: Corey Liuget (toe), Adrian Phillips (hamstring), Spencer Pulley (knee), Philip Rivers (concussion), Denzel Perryman (ankle), Brandon Mebane (hamstring). Limited participants: Chris McCain (quad), Hayes Pullard (neck). Ruled out: Joe Barksdale (foot).