The Buffalo Bills fell flat on their faces Thursday night in every facet of the game. They traveled away from the friendly confines of New Era Field to MetLife Stadium on short rest and were absolutely destroyed on the offensive and defensive lines, committed penalty after bad penalty, and turned the ball over three times.
With all that being said, the Bills are still in very good position to secure a playoff spot down the line as Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders pointed out.
Bills will still be 5-3 and get Indy and Miami twice in three of their final four games of the year. Still strong playoff odds.— Aaron Schatz (@FO_ASchatz) November 3, 2017
Despite how the loss feels, the season is definitely not over. Buffalo has ten days to regroup before a home game and three more home games after that. They can still make the run they need to get back to the playoffs for the first time since Bill Clinton was President.
AFC Playoff Standings with a Bills loss
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2, 4-1 AFC)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (6-2, 4-2 AFC, head-to-head win over NE)
3. New England Patriots (6-2, 3-1 AFC head-to-head loss to KC)
4. Tennessee Titans (4-3, head-to-head win over JAX)
5. Buffalo Bills (5-3)
6. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-3, head-to-head loss to TEN, 4-2 AFC)
7. Miami Dolphins (4-3, 3-2 AFC)
8. Baltimore Ravens (4-4)
9. New York Jets (4-5, 4-4 AFC)
10t. Houston Texans (3-4, 3-3 AFC)
10t. Cincinnati Bengals (3-4, 3-3 AFC)
12. Denver Broncos (3-4, 2-3 AFC)
13. Los Angeles Chargers (3-5, 2-4 AFC, head-to-head win over OAK)
14. Oakland Raiders (3-5, head-to-head loss to LAC)
15. Indianapolis Colts (2-6)
16. Cleveland Browns (0-8)