The Buffalo Bills (6-5) have moved back into sixth place in the AFC after their anxiety-inducing win over the Kansas City Chiefs (6-5), but that could all change on Monday night. If the Baltimore Ravens (5-5) win on Monday Night Football against the Houston Texans (4-6), the Ravens will move back into sixth based on their superior record against the AFC in a tiebreaker scenario.
For a while on Sunday, it was looking even better for the Bills as the Tennessee Titans (7-4) were down most of the game but ended up coming from behind to beat the Indianapolis Colts (3-8).
Around the AFC East, the New England Patriots (9-2) were easily able to take care of the Miami Dolphins (4-7) and the Carolina Panthers used a series of big plays to take out the New York Jets (4-7).
AFC Playoff Standings
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-2, 6-1 AFC, 46 wins in strength of victory)
2. New England Patriots (9-2, 6-1 AFC, 44 wins in strength of victory)
3. Tennessee Titans (7-4, head-to-head win over JAX)
4. Kansas City Chiefs (6-5)
5. Jacksonville Jaguars (7-4, head-to-head loss to TEN)
6. Buffalo Bills (6-5)
7. Baltimore Ravens (5-5)+
8. Cincinnati Bengals (5-6, 5-5 AFC)
9. Los Angeles Chargers (5-6, head-to-head win over OAK, 3-5 AFC)
10. Oakland Raiders (5-6, head-to-head loss to LAC, 5-5 AFC)
11. Houston Texans (4-6)+
12. New York Jets (4-7, 2-3 AFC East)
13. Miami Dolphins (4-7, 1-2 AFC East)
14. Indianapolis Colts (3-8, 2-5 AFC)
15. Denver Broncos (3-8, 2-6 AFC)
16. Cleveland Browns (0-11)*
+ Houston and Baltimore play on Monday Night Football
* Cleveland has been eliminated from the 2017 postseason race
Editor’s note: this story was originally published at 4:30 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, November 26th and has been updated to reflect the games played after that time.