With the Bills vying with the Tennessee Titans (8-5), Baltimore Ravens (7-6), Kansas City Chiefs (7-6), and Los Angeles Chargers (7-6) for a wildcard berth, Buffalo cannot afford to slip up Sunday in the regular-season home finale when the Miami Dolphins (6-7) come to New Era Field for a 1 p.m. showdown.
The Dolphins and Bills have a ton of history in this rivalry, as Sunday’s meeting represents the 107th all-time between these AFC East rivals.
Miami leads the series 60-45-1, with Buffalo winning three of the four playoff games, including a 44-34 win in the 1990 AFC Divisional round (en route to the first Super Bowl appearance in franchise history), and a 29-10 triumph in Miami in the 1992 AFC championship game.
The Bills and Dolphins close out their respective seasons with two of their final three games against each other: Sunday at New Era Field, and Week 17 in Miami.
Last year, the Bills were swept in the season series by the Dolphins (28-25 in South Beach and 34-31 in overtime in Western New York) for the first time since the 2011 season.
Here’s how to watch Sunday’s game game from home:
Miami Dolphins (6-7) at Buffalo Bills (7-6)
- Game Date/Time: Sunday, December 17, 1 p.m. Eastern.
- Location: New Era Field, Orchard Park, N.Y.
- TV: CBS WIVB 4 in Buffalo, WROC 8 in Rochester, WTVH 5 in Syracuse, WBNG 12 in Binghamton, WENY 36 in Elmira (full broadcast map)
- Announcers: Play-by-play Beth Mowins, color analyst Jay Feely.
- Radio: WGR 550AM (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 FM and WROC 950 AM (Rochester), Fan 590 AM (Toronto), WKTW 99.5 FM/WKTV 105.5 FM (Syracuse) and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network.
- Radio Play-by-Play: John Murphy and Mark Kelso in the booth with sideline reporter Sal Capaccio.
- Online: NFL Game Pass, NFL.com Game Center
Thursday Injury Report: Full participants: Buffalo: Seantrel Henderson (back), Leonard Johnson (knee), LeSean McCoy (knee), Nathan Peterman (concussion), Tyrod Taylor (knee). Limited: Kelvin Benjamin (knee), Charles Clay (knee), Cordy Glenn (foot/ankle), Andre Holmes (neck), Kyle Williams (groin). Did not practice: John Miller (ankle). Miami: Full participants: Jordan Phillips (ankle), Ndamukong Suh (knee). Limited participants: Jermon Bushrod (foot), Xavien Howard (illness), Matt Moore (foot), Cordrea Tankersley (ankle/shoulder), Damien Williams (shoulder). Did not practice: Andre Branch (knee), Mike Pouncey (hip), Michael Thomas (knee).