If the Buffalo Bills (6-6) have any hope of snapping their 17-year playoff drought, they will most likely need to win out to secure one of two AFC Wild Card berths. Luckily for the Bills, their next two games are at home against winnable opponents, starting with Sunday’s 1 p.m. tilt vs. the Indianapolis Colts (3-9) at New Era Field.
The weather is calling for a winter wonderland to spread over Western New York, with game time temperatures in the mid-20s. Flurries are expected, but there’s a chance of more developed snowfall during the game.
This will be the 69th meeting all-time between the Bills and the Colts, who were AFC East rivals until the NFL expanded in 2002 and the Colts moved to the AFC South.
Buffalo holds a 36-31-1 advantage all-time in the series with the Colts, including a 27-14 win on Sept. 13, 2015 in the first game of the Rex Ryan era. Tyrod Taylor launched a 51-yard touchdown pass to Percy Harvin at the end of the first quarter, part of a 14-for-19 effort with 195 passing yards and 41 rushing yards. Karlos Williams broke off a 26-yard TD run, and Ronald Darby and Aaron Williams each added interceptions off of Andrew Luck in the win.
Sunday’s expected snowfall wouldn’t be the first time the Bills and Colts met in Orchard Park under snowy conditions.
During the 2009 season finale, the year the Colts started 14-0 under Peyton Manning before falling to the New York Jets in Week 15, the Bills routed the Colts 30-7 in a driving snowstorm. Ryan Fitzpatrick tossed three touchdown passes as the Bills concluded a 6-10 season with a convincing win over the eventual AFC champions.
Here’s how to watch Sunday’s game game from home:
Indianapolis Colts (3-9) at Buffalo Bills (6-6)
- Game Date/Time: Sunday, December 10, 1 p.m. Eastern.
- Location: New Era Field, Orchard Park, N.Y.
- TV: CBS WIVB 4 in Buffalo, WROC 8 in Rochester, WTVH 5 in Syracuse, WBNG 12 in Binghamton, WENY 36 in Elmira (full broadcast map)
- Announcers: Play-by-play Spero Dedes, color analyst Adam Archuleta, sideline reporter Steve Tasker.
- Radio: WGR 550AM (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 FM and WROC 950 AM (Rochester), Fan 590 AM (Toronto), WKTW 99.5 FM/WKTV 105.5 FM (Syracuse) and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network.
- Radio Play-by-Play: John Murphy and Mark Kelso in the booth with sideline reporter Sal Capaccio.
- Online: NFL Game Pass, NFL.com Game Center
Friday Injury Report: Full participants: Buffalo: Kelvin Benjamin (knee), Travaris Cadet (concussion), Charles Clay (knee), Deandre Coleman (knee), LeSean McCoy (knee), Mike Tolbert (hamstring), Tre’Davious White (concussion), Eddie Yarbrough (chest). Limited: Cordy Glenn (foot/ankle), Leonard Johnson (knee), Tyrod Taylor (knee), Kyle Williams (groin). Did not practice: Seantrel Henderson (back). Ruled out: John Miller (ankle). Indianapolis: Full participants: Frank Gore (rest), Johnathan Hankins (chest), Ryan Kelly (concussion), Hassan Ridgeway (shoulder). Limited participants: Denzelle Good (illness), Mike Person (ankle). Ruled out: Darrell Daniels (hamstring), Rashaan Melvin (hand), Donte Moncrief (ankle).