The Buffalo Bills starters spent the first quarter on the field against the Minnesota Vikings. The offense moved the ball well and the undermanned defensive line disrupted Sam Bradford. Here are my thoughts.
- Eddie Yarbough had the first sack of the night. His hands are awesome and it led to his sack. He’s earned a spot on the team through the first few weeks of training camp.
- Jerry Hughes also had a nice sack of Sam Bradford and another QB pressure. He really likes the 4-3.
- The first three passes from Taylor went to Sammy Watkins. A few more did later. It’s not an accident. Maybe they really want Sammy to be involved this year.
- Jonathan Williams took every rep with the starters at running back. LeSean McCoy dressed and didn’t play. Williams looked great running downhill, for what it’s worth. So did Mike Tolbert when he took over.
- Both Leslie Frazier and Rick Dennison are on the sidelines during the game.
- While Taylor was briefly limping after taking a sack, he went back out again and looked fine later on in the game.
- Ramon Humber got the start at linebacker.