Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane didn’t take over until after the 2017 NFL Draft. He was officially hired in May, replacing Doug Whaley, and was seemingly handpicked by head coach Sean McDermott, who worked with him in Carolina.
What Beane has done to re-shape the roster in the time he has been in town is downright remarkable, and he’s shown a propensity to make big moves he thought were in the best interest of the team.
Here is a list of what Beane has done in his time in Buffalo. Leave your approval in the poll at the end of the post and your thoughts on Beane in the comments section. As we enter the 2018 offseason, are you comfortable with Beane as the Bills general manager?
- Added multiple late-stage free agents including RB Taiwan Jones, QB Joe Webb, S Colt Anderson, DT Cedric Thornton, WR Philly Brown, WR Deonte Thompson, and RB Travaris Cadet.
- Signed WR Anquan Boldin and didn’t allow his rights to be released after it was reported he was changing his mind but wanted to join a different team.
- Traded WR Sammy Watkins, a 2018 sixth-round pick, and CB Ronald Darby. Received CB E.J Gaines, a 2018 second-round pick, WR Jordan Matthews, and a 2018 third-round pick.
- Traded LB Reggie Ragland for a 2019 fourth-round draft pick.
- Traded CB Kevon Seymour for WR Kaelin Clay and a 2019 seventh-round pick.
- Signed C Eric Wood two a two-year, $16 million contract extension in September.
- Traded DT Marcell Dareus to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a 2018 fifth-round pick.
- Did not trade OT Cordy Glenn at the trade deadline.
Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane has done?
This poll is closed