The Buffalo Bills (2-7) travel to face their AFC East rivals, the New York Jets (3-6) at 1 p.m. Eastern at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. To this point in the season, neither team is enjoying the sort of success it envisioned when the 2018 season began.
In losing four straight, the Bills’ offense has managed to score only 33 points, while the low-flying Jets’ offense has scored only 33 points during their recent three-game slide.
Instead of a Sam Darnold vs. Josh Allen match-up of talented rookie quarterbacks, Darnold is doubtful with a foot sprain, while Allen hasn’t played since spraining his elbow in a Week 6 loss to the Houston Texans. Allen is expected to be a game-time decision.
With Derek Anderson out due to a concussion, and with Allen’s status up in the air, who’s excited to see a Josh McCown vs. Nathan Peterman/Matt Barkley quarterback showdown?
This is the 116th meeting all-time between these teams. Buffalo leads the all-time series 61-54, including a 21-12 trouncing on opening day of the 2017 season when the Bills racked up 408 total yards of offense and 23 first downs to give Sean McDermott a win in his Buffalo debut.
In the second game of 2017 between these rivals, the Jets ran all over the Bills en route to a 34-21 victory on Thursday Night Football. The Jets raced out to a 34-7 lead behind more than 200 rushing yards and a defense that registered seven sacks.
Here’s how to watch the game from home:
Date: Sunday, November 11, 2018
Time: 1 p.m. Eastern
Channel: The game will be carried locally on CBS on WIVB 4 in Buffalo, WROC 8 in Rochester, WTVH 5 in Syracuse and Utica, WENY 36-2 in Elmira, WBNG 12 in Binghamton and Elmira, and WRGB 6 in Albany. View the broadcast map.
Announcers: Andrew Catalon (play-by-play) and James Lofton (analyst)
Location: MetLife Stadium | East Rutherford, New Jersey
Radio: WGR 550AM (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 FM and WROC 950 AM (Rochester), Fan 590 AM (Toronto), WTKW 99.5 FM and WKTV 105.5 FM (Syracuse), and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network.
Radio Play-by-Play: John Murphy and Mark Kelso in the booth with sideline reporter Sal Capaccio.
Online: NFL Game Pass, NFL.com Game Center
Friday Injury Report
- Full participant: WR Kelvin Benjamin (knee), WR Andre Holmes (neck).
- Limited participant: QB Josh Allen (right elbow), LB Tremaine Edmunds (concussion), RB Chris Ivory (shoulder).
- Did not practice: QB Derek Anderson (concussion), TE Charles Clay (hamstring), DE Trent Murphy (knee).
- Game-day status: Anderson, Clay, and Murphy have been ruled out. Allen, Edmunds, Holmes, and Ivory are questionable.
New York Jets
- Full participant: DE Tarell Basham (knee), T Kelvin Beachum (knee/ankle), S Terrence Brooks (illness), G James Carpenter (shoulder), CB Morris Claiborne (shoulder), LB Brandon Copeland (knee), RB Isaiah Crowell (ankle), WR Quincy Enunwa (ankle), LB Jordan Jenkins (ankle), CB Trumaine Johnson (quad), LB Frankie Luvu (neck), S Marcus Maye (thumb), RB Elijah McGuire (foot), S Rontez Miles (knee/hip), LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (foot), WR Andre Roberts (back), T Brandon Shell (finger).
- Limited participant: DL Steve McLendon (ankle).
- Did not practice: WR Robby Anderson (ankle), QB Sam Darnold (foot), C Spencer Long (knee/finger), TE Neal Sterling (concussion).
- Game day status: Sterling is out. Anderson, Darnold, and Long are doubtful. McLendon is questionable.