The Buffalo Bills (3-7) return to action following their bye week, hosting the Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) Sunday at 1 p.m. Eastern in a rematch of the 2017 Wild Card round, a game the Jaguars won 10-3.
These two teams that find themselves squarely on the outside looking in concerning the race for a playoff spot in the AFC.
The Jaguars, coached by Doug Marrone (Buffalo’s coach from 2013-14) have lost six straight following a 3-1 start. This will be Marrone’s first time serving as a head coach against his former team since he walked out on the final year of his contract after somehow coaxing a 9-7 record out of a 2014 squad quarterbacked by Kyle Orton.
The last time the Bills played, Matt Barkley was the quarterback of an offense that erupted for a season-high 41 points in a 41-10 trouncing of the New York Jets in Week 10. LeSean McCoy rushed for 113 yards and two touchdowns on 26 carries as the Bills ran wild to the tune of a season-best 212 yards vs. the Jets.
This will be the 17th all-time meeting between the Bills and the Jaguars, with the teams having split the previous 16 matchups, including Jacksonville’s win in the 2017 playoffs.
The last time Buffalo welcomed Jacksonville to Western New York, the Bills emerged with a 28-21 win on Nov. 27, 2016, behind two rushing touchdowns and 103 rushing yards from McCoy, and a 16-yard passing TD from Tyrod Taylor to Justin Hunter (capped with a two-point conversion run by McCoy) that gave the Bills the lead for good.
The Jaguars are listed as a three-point favorite. Here’s how to watch the game from home:
Date: Sunday, November 25, 2018
Time: 1 p.m. Eastern
Channel: The game will be carried locally on CBS on WIVB 4 in Buffalo, WROC 8 in Rochester, WTVH 5 in Syracuse and Utica, and WENY 36-2 in Elmira. View the broadcast map.
Announcers: Spero Dedes (play-by-play) and Adam Archuleta (analyst).
Location: New Era Field | Orchard Park, New York
Radio: WGR 550AM (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 FM and WROC 950 AM (Rochester), Fan 590 AM (Toronto), WTKW 99.5 FM and WKTV 105.5 FM (Syracuse), and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network.
Radio Play-by-Play: John Murphy and Mark Kelso in the booth with sideline reporter Sal Capaccio.
Online: NFL Game Pass, NFL.com Game Center
Friday Injury Report
- Full participant: QB Josh Allen (right elbow), RB Chris Ivory (shoulder), LB Matt Milano (concussion).
- Limited participant: QB Derek Anderson (concussion), C Russell Bodine (shoulder), CB Taron Johnson (shoulder), DE Shaq Lawson (elbow), DE Trent Murphy (knee).
- Did not practice: TE Charles Clay (hamstring).
- Game-day status: Anderson has been ruled out, Clay is doubtful. Bodine, Johnson, Lawson, and Murphy are questionable. Allen, Ivory, and Milano are expected to play.
- Full participant: OL Jeremy Parnell (knee).
- Limited participant: DT Eli Ankou (calf), OL A.J. Cann (hamstring), DT Marcell Dareus (back), CB Jalen Ramsey (groin).
- Did not practice: WR D.J. Chark Jr. (quad), DE Lerentee McCray (hamstring), CB Quenton Meeks (knee), OL Josh Walker (foot/ankle).
- Game-day status: Chark Jr., McCray, Meeks, and Walker have been ruled out. Ankou, Cann, and Dareus are questionable. Parnell and Ramsey are expected to play.