When the Buffalo Bills (4-8) and New York Jets (3-9) square off Sunday in Week 14 at New Era Field, it will be the first head-to-head match-up featuring rookie quarterbacks Josh Allen and Sam Darnold.
For two fan bases with virtually no hope of qualifying for the playoffs (the Jets have already been eliminated and the Bills could be knocked out of playoff contention Sunday), watching these two (hopefully) franchise quarterbacks is one of the biggest reasons to tune in to Sunday’s 1 p.m. Eastern clash.
This is the 117th meeting all-time between these teams. Buffalo leads the all-time series 62-54, including a 41-10 trouncing in Week 10 at MetLife Stadium.
Buffalo rushed for a season-best 212 yards, led by LeSean McCoy (113 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 26 carries) in the first meeting this year. Robert Foster finished with three catches for 105 yards, becoming the first Bill to eclipse 100 receiving yards since Deonte Thompson on Oct. 22, 2017 vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Fellow wide receiver Zay Jones set career-highs in catches (eight) and yards (93), and the Bills, who had scored 33 points during a four-game slide heading into the contest, nearly surpassed that output by halftime. Included in the rout was a seven-yard TD pass from Barkley to tackle Dion Dawkins, who hauled in the strike for his first career touchdown.
With a victory in Week 14, the Bills would secure the season sweep of the Jets for first time since the 2014 and 2015 seasons.
Here’s how to watch the game from home:
Date: Sunday, December 9, 2018
Time: 1 p.m. Eastern
Channel: The game will be carried locally on CBS on WIVB 4 in Buffalo, WROC 8 in Rochester, WTVH 5 in Syracuse and Utica, WRGB 6 in Utica and Albany, WBNG 12 in Binghamton and Elmira, WENY 36-2 in Elmira, and WCWN 45 in Albany. View the broadcast map.
Announcers: Spero Dedes (play-by-play) and Adam Archuleta (analyst).
Location: New Era Field | Orchard Park, New York
Radio: WGR 550AM (Buffalo), WCMF 96.5 FM and WROC 950 AM (Rochester), Fan 590 AM (Toronto), WTKW 99.5 FM and WKTV 105.5 FM (Syracuse), and the rest of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network.
Radio Play-by-Play: John Murphy and Mark Kelso in the booth with sideline reporter Sal Capaccio.
Online: NFL Game Pass, NFL.com Game Center
Friday Injury Report
- Full participant: G John Miller (oblique).
- Limited participant: QB Derek Anderson (concussion) and WR Isaiah McKenzie (toe).
- Did not practice: TE Jason Croom (groin) and CB Taron Johnson (shoulder).
- Game-day status: Anderson and Johnson have been ruled out, while Croom is doubtful. McKenzie is questionable, while Miller is expected to play.
Friday Injury Report
New York Jets
- Full participant: T Kelvin Beachum (knee), RB Trenton Cannon (hamstring), CB Morris Claiborne (shoulder/neck), QB Sam Darnold (foot), WR Quincy Enunwa (ankle), LB Jordan Jenkins (shoulder), LB Darron Lee (non-injury related), C Spencer Long (knee/finger/illness), QB Josh McCown (back), LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (thumb), WR Andre Roberts (foot), TE Eric Tomlinson (elbow).
- Limited participant: WR Robby Anderson (ankle), RB Isaiah Crowell (toe), TE Jordan Leggett (knee), CB Buster Skrine (shoulder).
- Game-day status: Anderson, Crowell, Leggett, and Skrine are questionable.