The Buffalo Bills exited their game against the Los Angeles Chargers not only with a loss, but with several scary injuries. During his usual Monday chat with the press, head coach Sean McDermott gave updates on the status of the team.
- LeSean McCoy is considered day to day with cracked rib cartilage. It’s possible McCoy will suit up in week three when the Bills face the Minnesota Vikings.
- Special teams captain Taiwan Jones did not suffer a concussion after a brutal shot to the head from Uchenna Nwosu. Jones’ helmet came off before the hit. He was “bruised and cut up” per McDermott.
- Cornerback Phillip Gaines left Sunday’s game with a dislocated elbow after only a handful of snaps. Gaines has not been ruled out for this week.
- Defensive end Shaq Lawson is day to day as he recovers from a hamstring injury. Lawson did not play against the Chargers.
- Slot corner Taron Johnson is also day to day with a shoulder injury sustained against the Ravens. Johnson was not active in Week 2.
With the sudden retirement of Vontae Davis, expect the Bills to add a cornerback on Tuesday (and maybe two). Ryan Lewis is on the practice squad and would make sense to fill a spot.