The Buffalo Bills didn’t play a game this weekend on their bye, but they still moved into second place in the AFC with their 4-1 record. With losses all over the AFC, the Bills’ playoff chances went up, as well.
Next come the Bills with an .800 winning percentage and their 4-1 record. While they have the second-best record, they are in the fifth spot in the playoff race because the top four spots go to division winners.
After that, the rest of the conference are multiple games under .500. The Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers, Los Angeles Chargers, and Tennessee Titans are all 2-4. The New York Jets won their first game to get to 1-4. The Miami Dolphins are 0-5 while the Cincinnati Bengals are 0-6.
It looks to be an early seven-way race for six playoff spots.
Full AFC Standings
1. New England Patriots (6-0)
2. Buffalo Bills (4-1)
3. Houston Texans (4-2, 3-0 AFC)
4. Kansas City Chiefs (4-2, 3-2 AFC, head-to-head win over BAL)
5. Baltimore Ravens (4-2, 3-2 AFC, head-to-head loss to KC)
6. Oakland Raiders (3-2, head-to-head win over IND)
7. Indianapolis Colts (3-2, head-to-head loss to OAK)
8. Cleveland Browns (2-4, 2-1 AFC)
9t. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-4, 2-2 AFC)
9t. Denver Broncos (2-4, 2-2 AFC
9t. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-4, 2-2 AFC)
12. Los Angeles Chargers (2-4, 2-3 AFC)
13. Tennessee Titans (2-4, 1-4 AFC)
14. New York Jets (1-4)
15. Miami Dolphins (0-5)
16. Cincinnati Bengals (0-6)