In what amounted to a must-win game for the Wild Card-leading Bills, Buffalo responded to a demoralizing loss to the Cleveland Browns with its most thorough and dominant victory of the season.
Among the topics discussed:
- The same week head coach Sean McDermott told him to play fearless, Josh Allen responded with arguably his best game as a pro, making smart reads and accurate throws while directing an up-tempo offense that moved the ball at will against the Dolphins. Allen completed 21 of his 33 pass attempts for 256 yards with three touchdown passes.
- Buffalo relied on much of the same 11 personnel (one RB, one TE and three WRs) to be successful on Sunday in a game where offensive coordinator Brian Daboll coached from up in the booth compared to on the sidelines.
- WR John Brown continued his outstanding first year in Buffalo (nine catches for 137 yards with two touchdowns)
- RB Devin Singletary ran the ball effectively (but Bills fans would love to see him eliminate those pesky fumbles)
- Stephen Hauschka got his groove back for Buffalo, including hitting from 51 yards, his first made field goal of 50-plus yards in more than a year.
- The Bills also blitzed more than they have in quite some time as eight Bills recorded at least half a sack.
- LB Tremaine Edmunds delivered a breakout performance after delivering a passionate speech to his teammates Saturday, fueling a defense that stymied Miami’s ground game (23 yards) and confused Ryan Fitzpatrick all game long.
- The lowlight? Special teams proved to be not so special, especially after Siran Neal departed with a concussion.
Check out the latest episode of Billieve to find out our podcasters’ thoughts on these topics and more, then leave your thoughts in the comments section.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, the Mafia Mavens, and the Nick and Nolan Show:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.