On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, host John Boccacino and co-host Jamie D’Amico discuss what they liked and what they took issue with after the Buffalo Bills (6-2) picked up a 24-9 win over the Washington Redskins in Week 9.
Among the topics discussed:
- For the first time since the 1993 season, Buffalo has at least six wins in its first nine games (that Bills squad went on to make its fourth straight trip to the Super Bowl.
- Sunday’s win over Washington wasn’t pretty, and some of the Bills’ greatest vulnerabilities (the run defense and a failure to convert short-yardage situations on offense chief among those concerns) were exposed.
- Whatever adjustments head coach Sean McDermott and defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier made at halftime worked, as future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson gained only seven yards on eight second-half carries after running wild for 101 yards on ten first-half carries.
- Rookie Devin Singletary (95 rushing yards while averaging 4.8 yards per carry to go with 45 receiving yards) had himself quite the day at New Era Field. With 140 all-purpose yards, Singletary amassed the most yards from scrimmage since LeSean McCoy (147 vs. the New England Patriots in 2017).
- Another efficient performance from Josh Allen who, on a blustery day, completed 14 of 20 passes (70 percent) for 160 yards and a touchdown for a Buffalo offense that scored on its first three possessions and did just enough to earn the win. Over his last four games (three wins), Allen has seven TDs with only one interception.
- The Bills rediscovered their pass rush against rookie QB Dwayne Haskins, with Jordan Phillips, Jerry Hughes, Tre’Davious White and Trent Murphy (remember him?) recording sacks.
- The bottom line? The Bills once again found a way to close out a game.
Check out the latest episode of Billieve to find out our podcasters’ thoughts on these topics and more, then leave your thoughts in the comments section.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, the Mafia Mavens, and the Nick and Nolan Show:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.