The Bills’ first appearance on Sunday Night Football in 12 years has major playoff implications, with Buffalo holding onto the fifth seed and a one-game lead in the Wild Card standings over the sixth-seeded Steelers.
Among the topics discussed:
- By now, the rest of the league knows the key to containing Josh Allen is to bring the pressure with a Cover-0 blitz scheme, which features blitzing safeties and more pass rushers than there are blockers.
- Allen will have another chance to show how well he can handle the pressure vs. T.J. Watt and a top-five Steelers’ defense.
- Our podcasters expect more draws and wheel route passes to rookie Devin Singletary, more slant passes to Cole Beasley, and more deep and in routes to John Brown and Robert Foster.
- We discuss the health of the offensive line and the massive challenge facing rookie Cody Ford against Watt, who has 12.5 sacks this year for a Steelers defense that leads the league in sacks, QB hits, and takeaways.
- We also address what Buffalo needs to do to contain undrafted rookie QB Duck Hodges, how the Bills can scheme for RBs James Conner and Jaylen Samuels, what role Tremaine Edmunds will play, and the importance of Ed Oliver and Jerry Hughes getting after Hodges with the pass rush.
Check out the latest episode of Billieve to find out our podcasters’ thoughts on these topics, along with their predictions for the game, then leave your thoughts in the comments section.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, the Mafia Mavens, and the Nick and Nolan Show:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.