On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, host John Boccacino and co-host Jamie D’Amico get you ready for Saturday’s HUGE showdown in Foxborough between the Buffalo Bills (10-4) and the New England Patriots (11-3).
The Bills already clinched a playoff berth and will be at least the No. 5 seed for the upcoming AFC playoffs. But Buffalo has a chance to steal the AFC East championship from the Patriots, beginning with Saturday’s Week 16 clash in Foxborough, a place that has traditionally been a house of horrors for the franchise.
Buffalo’s last meaningful win over the Patriots in Foxborough came on Nov. 5, 2000, when the Bills outlasted the Patriots 16-13 in overtime on Steve Christie’s third field goal of the game. For reference, Doug Flutie was Buffalo’s quarterback that day, while the Patriots were quarterbacked by John Friesz and Drew Bledsoe, and Brady was just an unassuming sixth-round pick out of Michigan.
Among the topics discussed by our podcasters:
- How big of a difference will it make to Buffalo’s offense having rookie RB Devin Singletary (who missed the first meeting between these teams, a 16-10 win for New England) on the field as a dynamic playmaker for Saturday’s showdown?
- The Patriots are sure to rely on Cover-0 blitzing schemes to try and confuse Josh Allen. They have had plenty of success against other young quarterbacks, with one notable exception: Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans. Knowing the pressure he will be under, and the importance ball security will play in the game, has Allen learned from his nightmare three-interception performance in Week 4, and can he quickly and effectively identify the open receiver vs. the blitz-heavy Patriots’ defense?
- Can Cole Beasley be the safety blanket for Allen as the slot receiver?
- Can Buffalo take advantage of one of the Patriots’ few defensive vulnerabilities by running the ball effectively?
- Conversely, is this the week when the Bills make a statement by knocking off the reigning Super Bowl champions?
- Can Buffalo apply enough pressure to make future Hall of Fame QB Tom Brady uncomfortable in the pocket?
- How will Leslie Frazier scheme to slowdown RB James White and the quick-strike Patriots offense?
Check out the latest episode of Billieve to find out our podcasters’ thoughts on these topics, including our predictions for the game, then leave your thoughts in the comments section.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, the Mafia Mavens, and the Nick and Nolan Show:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.