clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Houston Texans the odds-on favorite to host Buffalo Bills in Wild Card

New, comments

Lots of Bills fans think it’s a done deal already.

The Buffalo Bills have locked in the fifth seed in the AFC playoff race, but their Wild Card opponent is still up in the air. It could still be either the Kansas City Chiefs or the Houston Texans.

Buffalo will face the division winner with the worst record, which is currently Houston at 10-5. Kansas City is 11-4 and could still move up to the number-two seed if they win and the New England Patriots lose.

According to Football Outsiders, the Texans have a 91.6% chance of landing the four seed and just an 8.4% chance of moving up into the three seed. That makes them an overwhelming favorite to host the Bills in the Wild Card round.

In Week 17, the Chiefs host the Los Angeles Chargers at 1:00 PM while the Texans host the Tennessee Titans at 4:25. We could know the answer by 4:30 on Sunday or we could have to wait until 7:45 Sunday night.

Here’s how it all shakes out:

Kansas City Wins

Bills travel to Houston to play the Texans

Kansas City Loses + Houston Loses

Bills travel to Houston to play the Texans

Kansas City Loses + Houston Wins

Bills travel to Kansas City to play the Chiefs