Among the topics covered:
- Was the 2019 season a success? Few expected the Bills to make the playoffs, but once the stakes were raised and the team won ten games for the first time since the 1999 season, the sting from this loss will last all offseason;
- Boccacino recaps a game the Bills should have won—where the offense was clicking in the first half but ultimately settled for too many field goals instead of touchdowns;
- Leslie Frazier’s defense dominated in the opening half and applied consistent pressure on Deshaun Watson, who ultimately rebounded in the second half to rescue the Texans from a 16-point deficit;
- Tre’Davious White and the rest of the Bills secondary did an outstanding job covering DeAndre Hopkins in the first half (zero catches on two targets) before the All-Pro wideout exploded in the second half;
- There was plenty of good (and a lot of head-scratching bad plays) from Josh Allen, who was outstanding in the first half, but played erratic and loose with the ball in the second half;
- This game offered fuel for the Allen haters, but also showed just how dynamic of a playmaker Allen can be. Some of the downfield throws he made across his body were a thing of beauty!
- While the Bills ultimately fell in overtime, Buffalo had no right to even be in OT after Allen’s what-is-he-thinking lateral that nearly cost the team dearly;
- Why did Brian Daboll go away from Devin Singletary in crunch time?
- How in the world did Watson escape both Siran Neal and Matt Milano to convert the back-breaking 3rd-and-18 play in overtime?
- We also address the controversy involving the second-half opening kickoff and whether it should have been ruled a touchdown, a safety, or a touchback;
- Analyze the (bogus) blindside block call in overtime that cost the Bills a shot at a game-winning field goal, and more on the latest episode of Billieve!
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Circling the Wagons, the Mafia Mavens, and the Nick and Nolan Show:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.