The Buffalo Bills (6-2) have another chance to prove they are legitimate contenders when the division-leading Seattle Seahawks (6-1) come to town Sunday. On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico have everything you need to know for the Week 9 clash.
Seattle enters the game as one of the top contenders to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, while the Bills are seeking to make a statement and improve upon their 3-15 record against teams that went on to make the playoffs during the first three years of head coach Sean McDermott’s tenure.
Among the questions we examine on Billieve:
- Can Buffalo contain MVP candidate Russell Wilson and the high-flying Seahawks offense, who are scoring a league-leading 34.3 points per game while ranking third in total yards per game (414.4 yards/game) and passing yards per game (289)?
- How will defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier scheme his defense to deal with Wilson and his quartet of talented pass catchers in DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett, Greg Olsen and Will Dissly?
- Knowing Wilson picks apart zone defenses, and knowing Buffalo predominantly plays zone, how will the Bills adjust their game plan against the dangerous Seahawks offense?
- What to look for in the anticipated matchup between Metcalf and Buffalo’s All-Pro cornerback Tre’Davious White.
- Why safeties Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer will need to step up their coverage game against Lockett and Metcalf.
- Will Ed Oliver, Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison and the Bills’ pass rush generate enough pressure to force Wilson into turnovers?
- The Seahawks are expected to be without their top two running backs (Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde). Can Buffalo, minus Matt Milano, bottle up the ground game?
- Will Josh Allen and Buffalo’s offense return to the form shown during a four-game winning streak to start the season, when the Bills averaged 30.75 points per game, or will the offense continue to struggle as it has over the last four games, when Buffalo is averaging only 18.75 points per game?
- The Seahawks are giving up the most passing yards in the league (nearly 360 per game), which should bode well for Allen and his talented trio of wide receivers in Stefon Diggs, Cole Beasley and John Brown.
- One week after Devin Singletary and Zack Moss gashed the New England Patriots on the ground, why the Bills shouldn’t forget about the ground game, which can serve to keep the potent Seahawks’ offense on the sidelines.
- How worried should Bills fans be about center Mitch Morse, who is out after suffering another concussion?
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for our thoughts on these topics and hear score predictions as the Bills face the Seahawks, then join the conversation by leaving your thoughts on how the game will play out in the comments section below.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. and Big Newt, The Mafia Mavens, and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.