Fresh off their first AFC East championship in 25 years, the Buffalo Bills (11-3) travel to take on the New England Patriots (6-8) on Monday Night Football. On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico get you ready for another primetime game as the Bills look to improve their playoff seeding while going for their first sweep of the Patriots since 1999.
Among the topics covered on the podcast:
- While the Bills and Josh Allen have become a pass-first offense, the team enjoyed tremendous success on the ground in their Week 8 win over New England. How much will Buffalo rely on Zack Moss and Devin Singletary vs. the Patriots?
- Bill Belichick has been great at shutting down Allen so far during his young career. What will Belichick dial up to confuse Allen, and can Allen finally deliver a clutch performance vs. the Patriots?
- New England QB Cam Newton is a shell of himself, and the Bills would be wise to take away his strength (passing to receivers in the middle of the field) and force him to throw to the outside.
- Buffalo’s defense is much improved since that Week 8 matchup, and the Bills should be well-positioned to shut down New England’s running attack.
- Buffalo seems to have the edge at nearly every position, and Bills fans should expect head coach Sean McDermott to have his team fired up for this primetime showdown.
- Will the Bills sweep the Patriots and secure their first 12-win season since 1993, the last of the four straight Super Bowl appearances?
- Our podcasters offer up their score predictions for the game.
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for our thoughts on whether Buffalo can pull off the season sweep of the Patriots, then join the conversation by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Blitzed Bills, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. and Big Newt, The Mafia Mavens, and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this article on Apple News, the embedded audio will be removed. Click through to the site in your browser or listen on iTunes.