The novel coronavirus pandemic has people worldwide largely sheltered in their residences to remain socially distant from one another there have been many great examples of individuals, organizations, and companies coming together to provide relief to those most in need.
Per ESPN NFL Nation’s Buffalo Bills beat reporter Marcel Louis-Jacques, general manager Brandon Beane has joined that list with a $20,000 donation towards those relief efforts, and he’s partnering with the United Way of Buffalo & Erie County to help raise awareness for the Western New York COVID-19 Community Response Fund. Additionally, the team is offering Buffalo Bills fans who join them in this effort a chance to win some great items and opportunities.
The initiative, which starts today and runs through Friday, April 17th, provides fans a chance to win some unique items, including the opportunity to participate in the Bills’ draft, scheduled to run from April 23rd through the 25th.
As outlined on the Buffalo Bills’ official website, award winners will be randomly selected from entrants, with prizes including:
- One winner will have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be on the phone as Beane calls in Buffalo’s first draft pick (tentatively April 24; the Bills’ first selection is slated for the second round).
- One winner will participate in an exclusive one-on-one Zoom Q&A with him.*
- One winner and three guests will enjoy lunch with Beane and a tour of the ADPRO Sports Training Center.*
- One winner will join Beane at a Bills practice.*
- One winner will get four (4) 100 level tickets to the Bills 2020 home opener.
- One winner will receive a collectible Bills helmet autographed by each of the team’s 2020 NFL Draft selections.
- One winner will be awarded an autographed Josh Allen jersey.
*Date and time to be mutually agreed upon.
”I thought with the draft coming up in a few weeks, that this would be a nice distraction for people who are going through tough times right now,” Beane said. “We know how enthusiastic Bills fans are, so I’m just trying to find a way to engage them and to open up opportunities that fans don’t have access to generally and to inspire them to get involved.”
To learn about the sweepstakes and make a donation to the WNY COVID-19 Community Response Fund, please visit www.wnyresponds.org.