The Buffalo Bills selected three more players who previously played in the Senior Bowl in 2020. That continues a trend where Buffalo favors older, more experienced players but also players that performed well against the next step in competition at a college all-star game.
Utah RB Zack Moss (third), Georgia Southern K Tyler Bass (sixth), and Pittsburgh CB Dane Jackson (seventh) all participated in the Senior Bowl.
Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane said that was really what solidified Bass as a candidate for a pick.
“We really liked this kicker and my exposure to him was at the Senior Bowl,” said Beane following the draft. “He really did a nice job with his leg. I was there all week because I stay for the BLESTO meeting so really you saw his leg strength.”
The Senior Bowl has seen several Bills players in recent years since Sean McDermott became the team’s head coach. He’s selected more than a dozen players in his four offseasons:
2017 Senior Bowl
- Nathan Peterman, QB - Pittsburgh
- Zay Jones, WR - East Carolina
- Dion Dawkins, OG - Temple
- Tre’Davious White, CB - LSU
2018 Senior Bowl
- Josh Allen, QB - Wyoming
- Wyatt Teller, OG - Virginia Tech
- Harrison Phillips, DT - Stanford
- Taron Johnson, CB - Weber State
- Siran Neal, CB - Jacksonville State
2019 Senior Bowl
- Tyree Jackson, QB - Buffalo (UDFA)
- David Sills, WR - West Virginia (UDFA)
2020 Senior Bowl
- Zack Moss, RB - Utah
- Tyler Bass. K - Georgia Southern
- Dane Jackson, CB - Pittsburgh