As part of the NFL’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, players were allowed to opt out of the 2020 season. They receive a $150,000 advance on their salary and the rest of the years of their contract are pushed back by one season. If a player had a high-risk condition, they received a $350,000 stipend and credit for the season.
Full details for the agreement between the league and the players can be found here. Players still have a few days to opt out and we will continue to update this article.
- ILB Dont’a Hightower (Pro Bowl, 15 starts in 2019)
- RB Brandon Bolden (2 starts in 2019)
- OT Marcus Cannon (15 starts in 2019)
- FB Danny Vitale
- OL Najee Toran
- S Patrick Chung (12 starts in 2019)
- WR Marqise Lee (1 start in 2019)
- TE Matt LaCosse (8 starts in 2019)
- DT Star Lotulelei (16 starts in 2019)
- CB E.J. Gaines
- LB C.J. Mosely (2 starts in 2019)
- OL Leo Koloamatangi
- WR Allen Hurns (32 receptions last season)