Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Bean has completely turned over the roster since he took over the team late in the 2018 offseason. Virtually none of the players from his predecessor remain on the roster and he, along with head coach Sean McDermott, have shaped this roster in their way of thinking.
This process has produced three playoff teams in four seasons and Bills fans have been pretty happy with the results. In January of 2018, fans gave him a 93 percent approval rating, which dipped to 92 percent in January 2019. It shot up to 99 percent a year ago after the team made the postseason again with Josh Allen; 58 votes out of more than 4600 were in the negative. This year, he’s NFL Executive of the Year and it’s your time to have your say.
Here’s a partial list of Beane’s accomplishments this year. Let us know if you approve or disapprove of the job he’s doing as general manager. We know it’s going to be overwhelmingly positive, but we wanted to track the levels.
- Traded first-, fifth-, sixth- and a future fourth-round pick for WR Stefon Diggs, who went on to lead the league in regular season and postseason catches and yardage.
- Added CB Josh Norman, LB A.J. Klein, DE Mario Addison, LB Tyler Matakevich, DL Quinton Jefferson, DT Vernon Butler, RB Taiwan Jones, and OT Darryl Williams in free agency.
- Re-signed WR Isaiah McKenzie, OG Quinton Spain, OL Spencer Long, and S Dean Marlowe along with futures contracts for LB Tyrel Dodson, CB Cam Lewis, WR Ray-Ray McCloud, RB Christian Wade, and QB Davis Webb.
- Re-signed safety Jordan Poyer to a contract extension.
- Allowed DE Shaq Lawson, DT Jordan Phillips, CB Kevin Johnson, and RB Frank Gore to leave via free agency.
- Drafted DE A.J. Epenesa, RB Zack Moss, WR Gabriel Davis, K Tyler Bass, and CB Dane Jackson. Signed UDFA FB/HB Reggie Gilliam.
- Re-signed cornerback Tre’Davious White to a massive contract extension.
- Re-signed OT Dion Dawkins to a multi-year extension.
- Added DT Justin Zimmer, RB Antonio Williams, and WR Jake Kumerow during the season.
- Assistant general manager Joe Schoen interviewed for general manager job with Carolina Panthers and was rumored to be connected to several other openings. Director of Pro Personnel Malik Boyd interviewed with Houston Texans for general manager position.
- Signed his own contract extension, locking him into the GM role for years to come. (Matches head coach Sean McDermott’s new extension.)
- Named Sporting News and PFWA NFL Executive of the Year.
- Roster he assembled made it to the AFC Championship Game, finishing the year 13-3 in the regular season and 15-4 overall.
Do you approve of the job Brandon Beane has done as Bills general manager?
This poll is closed
Editor’s note: If you’d like to vote in the poll and you’re using a mobile device, you’ll need to click through to the site. Apple News and Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) strips the poll from the page.