The 2020 season is in the books for the Buffalo Bills—one that had its fair share of ups and downs. Something consistent all season for the team the was the defense being coached by defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier.
Fans saw the defense get off to a really slow start before finding their stride late in the season. A fair bit of discussion by NFL analysts suggested that teams were behind the eight-ball on defense due to the necessary changes to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. The Bills’ defense was able to force turnovers and turn them directly into points, as we saw when the defense was at its peak against Baltimore. Then, they followed it up by getting picked apart like a Thanksgiving turkey by the high-powered Kansas City Chiefs. So, how do you think Leslie Frazier performed this season? First, let’s look at the summary of the defense this season and then be sure to use your voice in the poll below.
- Ranked 14th at 352.5 yards allowed per game.
- Ranked 13th at 232.9 passing yards allowed per game.
- Ranked 17th at 119.6 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Ranked 16th at 23.4 points allowed per game.
- Ranked 15th with 38 total sacks on the season.
- Team was among the highest in the league for money invested in the defensive line.
- Allowed opponents to convert 40 percent of third downs (191 attempts).
- Allowed opponents to convert 58 percent of fourth downs (19 attempts).
- Allowed 138 points in the four losses on the season (34.5 per game).
- Dealt with injuries and missed games from LB Matt Milano, LB Tremaine Edmunds, CB Josh Norman, CB Tre’Davious White, and the opt out of DT Star Lotulelei.
- CB Tre’Davious White and LB Tremaine Edmunds were named to the Pro Bowl.
Do you approve of the job Leslie Frazier has done as defensive coordinator?
This poll is closed
Editor’s note: If you’d like to vote in the poll and you’re using a mobile device, you’ll need to click through to the site. Apple News and Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) strips the poll from the page.