The Buffalo Bills made major improvements offensively during the 2020 season, reaching heights statistically that they haven’t seen in nearly 30 years. In some categories, the Bills set franchise records on offense.
The team took such a large step forward that many fans and experts alike assumed that offensive coordinator Brian Daboll would be hired for his first head coaching position this offseason. After being connected to the Los Angeles Chargers’ job, among others, Daboll was not hired for any head coaching positions, meaning he’ll be back in Buffalo next year barring some unforeseen circumstances.
The question is a simple one, folks. What’s your opinion of Brian Daboll’s job performance this season? Here’s a quick list of highs and lows to help you in your decision making:
- Set franchise records in points scored (501) and points per game (31.3)
- Finished second in both total yards and scoring, Buffalo’s highest finish in both categories since 1991
- Stefon Diggs led the NFL in receptions (127) and receiving yards (1,535), the first time a Bills player has led the NFL in either category
- Diggs was also named First-Team All-Pro, the first wideout in team history to achieve the honor
- Oversaw the continued development of quarterback Josh Allen, who set single-season franchise records in passing yardage (4,544), passing touchdowns (37), completion percentage (69.2 percent; minimum of 230 attempts), and quarterback rating (107.2)
- Offense ranked No. 3 in passing yards (288.75 YPG) and No. 3 in passing touchdowns (40 total)
- Offense led the league in first downs (397)
- 49.4 percent of offensive drives ended in scores, good for second in the league
- Offense ranked No. 20 in rushing yards gained (1,723) and yards per rush (4.2)
- Did not have receiving corps at full strength for most of the year, as John Brown and Cole Beasley each battled injury at points
- Team scoring output dropped to 22.7 points per game in the playoffs
Do you approve of the job Brian Daboll has done as offensive coordinator?
This poll is closed