When the 2021 NFL schedule came out, Buffalo Bills fans immediately circled Week 5 on their calendars, the week the Bills return to Arrowhead Stadium for a showdown with the Kansas City Chiefs in a rematch of the AFC Championship game.
On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico have everything you need to know to get you ready as Buffalo looks to earn a statement win on Sunday Night Football.
Among the topics discussed:
- Josh Allen had two of the worst performances of his career in losses to the Chiefs in 2020, including in the AFC title game. What can Allen do to settle into a groove and solve Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s aggressive defense?
- Is this a statement game for the Bills?
- Why, despite a matchup of two of the league’s top aerial attacks, unlocking the ground game could hold the key to winning Sunday night’s primetime clash.
- How Buffalo’s ground game has enjoyed a solid start to the season, and why the Bills should be able to run on the Chiefs.
- The important role that rookie offensive lineman Spencer Brown holds to unleashing Zack Moss, Devin Singletary and the rushing attack.
- Why veteran wideout Emmanuel Sanders could help Allen avoid a repeat of the erratic performances from last year against the Chiefs.
- How it is important for Greg Rousseau, Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, A.J. Epenesa and Buffalo’s front four to generate pressure on Patrick Mahomes, without resorting to exotic blitzes.
- The unique challenge Mahomes presents when trying to contain the talented quarterback.
- The X-factor to Buffalo’s defensive successes so far through four weeks? Defensive tackle Star Lotulelei.
- What, if anything, the Bills can do to contain prolific tight end Travis Kelce.
- Whether defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier should follow a similar game plan to last year, when the Bills allowed running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire to get his while sitting back and not allowing Mahomes to pick the D apart.
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for Boccacino and D’Amico’s thoughts on the game, including their score predictions, and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. & Big Newt, The Overreaction Podcast, Food For Thought, The Chop Up, Hump Day Hotline, Off Tackle with John Fina, Bills Mafia Time 2 Shine and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone | YouTube
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
If you like our show, tell a friend and spread the word!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this in Apple News, you’ll need to head to your podcast app or phone’s web browser to hear the embedded audio file.