Tennessee Titans running back Derrick Henry is arguably the NFL’s most dominant rusher, and coming off a 2,000 yard season in 2020, Henry once again leads the league in rushing yards through the first five weeks.
But with the Buffalo Bills (4-1) set to take on the Titans (3-2) on Monday Night Football, today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining how Buffalo’s defense has been able to contain and slow down Henry during the last three matchups.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Rookie review - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Kansas City Chiefs to watch against the Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Buffalo Bills to watch vs the Kansas City Chiefs - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills rookie Greg Rousseau chosen as AFC Defensive Player of the Week - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D and Big Newt: What it means to beat the Chiefs - Buffalo Rumblings
- Canadian Bills fans rejoice as U.S. will lift COVID travel ban in early November - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: Endgame - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East Roundup: Ranking the offenses - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
The Bills have succeeded in slowing Derrick Henry
While Derrick Henry has been extremely successful during the bulk of his career as a running back, including claiming NFL rushing titles in each of the past two seasons, assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier has devised great game plans to limit Henry. During Buffalo’s last three games vs. Henry and the Titans, Frazier’s Buffalo defense has held Henry to only 63.7 yards per game on 3.82 yards per carry with three touchdowns, compared to the 101.3 yards per game and 5.1 yards per rush Henry has put up since the start of the 2018 season.
- Derrick Henry is a superstar, but the Bills have contained him in three games - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills at Titans spread, odds, picks and trends: Expert predictions for NFL Week 6 game on Monday Night Football – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Bills at Titans | Numbers to know + score predictions | Week 6 - BuffaloBills.com
Greg Rousseau named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
What a game for Buffalo’s rookie edge rusher, recording his first career interception along with a sack, a quarterback hurry, a pass breakup and five total tackles during the Bills’ 38-20 win over the Chiefs.
- Buffalo Bills rookie DE Greg Rousseau named AFC Defensive Player of the Week - WKBW
- Bills’ Greg Rousseau wins AFC Defensive Player of the Week award | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Greg Rousseau named AFC Defensive Player of the Week - WGR 550
Bills Mafia steps up and raises money for Josh Allen’s high school
Whenever Bills Mafia has a chance to step up and answer the call to support a worthy cause, they have. This time, #BillsMafia raised more than $100,000 for Josh Allen and his high school, Firebaugh High School, through the sale of sweatshirts.
- Bills Mafia raise $100,000 for Josh Allen’s Firebaugh High School - newyorkupstate.com
- Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen teams up with fans to sell retro high school sweatshirts - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Bills Mafia and Josh Allen help raise $100,000 for Firebaugh High School - BuffaloBills.com
Odds and ends
We turn to the All-22 film review to discover how the Bills stymied Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs high-octane offense, see how the Bills vs. Chiefs matchup on Sunday Night Football showed that once again Bills games draw huge national ratings, hear from offensive line coach on why Spencer Brown has been impressing dating back to the preseason, and more!
- How did the Bills defense thwart Patrick Mahomes? All-22 film review – The Athletic
- Bills-Chiefs delivers big audience on NBC’s Sunday Night Football - BuffaloBills.com
- Q&A: Bills offensive line coach discusses Spencer Brown, Cody Ford, Dion Dawkins, depth and more | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Alan Pergament: Cris Collinsworth calls claim he endorsed dirty hit against Josh Allen ‘ridiculous’ | Television | buffalonews.com
- Shawne Merriman chooses between Josh Allen, Justin Herbert - WGR 550