Most of Week 6 is in the books, with the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans set to play on Monday night. Even before they play this week, the Bills had a good week, with each of the active AFC East teams losing their games. The rest of the AFC was pretty helpful, too.
The Miami Dolphins kicked things off by losing to the Jacksonville Jaguars, who hadn’t won a game since Week 1 of the 2020 season. The New England Patriots fought valiantly but fell in overtime to the Dallas Cowboys. The New York Jets were off after a week in London.
The big game in the conference was the battle of the 4-1 teams. The Baltimore Ravens easily handled the Los Angeles Chargers and now Baltimore will be in first place no matter what come Tuesday morning. The Bills are now attempting to stay even with the Ravens by beating the Titans.
Elsewhere, the Kansas Coty Chiefs got right by defeating the Washington Football Team, the Arizona Cardinals beat the Cleveland Browns, the Cincinnati Bengals kept their great season going by winning over the Detroit Lions, and the Las Vegas Raiders topped the Denver Broncos. The Pittsburgh Steelers squeezed out a win over the Seattle Seahawks in overtime.
Here are the complete AFC East and AFC Playoff Rankings as of Sunday evening:
- Baltimore Ravens (5-1, 4-1 AFC)
- Buffalo Bills (4-1)*
- Los Angeles Chargers (4-2, win over LVR)
- Tennessee Titans (3-2)*
- Cincinnati Bengals (4-2, 2-0 AFC)
- Las Vegas Raiders (4-2, 4-1 AFC, loss to LAC)
- Denver Broncos (3-3, 0-1 AFCW, 2-3 AFC)
- Cleveland Browns (3-3, 0-0 AFCN, 1-2 AFC)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (3-3, 0-1 AFCN, 2-2 AFC)
- Kansas City Chiefs (3-3, 0-1 AFCW, 1-3 AFC)
- New England Patriots (2-4, 2-1 AFC)
- Indianapolis Colts (2-4, 2-2 AFC)
- New York Jets (1-4)
- Miami Dolphins (1-5, 1-4 AFC)
- Houston Texans (1-5, win over JAX, 1-4 AFC)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5, loss to HOU)
* Still to play Monday night