For the second straight season, the Buffalo Bills (4-2) head into their bye week coming off a disappointing loss, this time a 34-31 setback to the Tennessee Titans on Monday Night Football.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining the state of the Bills as they enter the bye week with a comfortable lead in the AFC East, but find themselves in fourth place in the AFC.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Snap Count Notes: Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills TE Dawson Knox has hand surgery, out “a few weeks” - Buffalo Rumblings
- Brian Daboll has lost both of his childhood caregivers in last three weeks - Buffalo Rumblings
- One-Stat Recap: the Buffalo Bills fall short against the Tennessee Titans - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills fall in Week 7 NFL power rankings - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D and Big Newt: Going for it on fourth - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Mailbag Q&A: Interior OL options, Epenesa, more from Titans loss - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East Roundup: One play away - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
State of the Bills entering their bye
Buffalo has done plenty right in starting the year 4-2, including . But the Bills have plenty to work on heading into their by week, starting with addressing the offense’s red zone woes, and getting more consistent play along both the offensive and defensive lines.
- As they head into the bye week, here’s seven observations of the Bills start - Democrat & Chronicle
- Position grades: Red-zone offense is blot on Bills' rankings | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills offense off to good start, but red zone woes must be corrected - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- 3 things we learned from Sean McDermott heading into the 2021 bye week - BuffaloBills.com
TE Dawson Knox has surgery
Buffalo’s playmaking tight end had surgery to repair a broken bone in his hand. The NFL Network reported Knox is expected to be sidelined for “a few weeks.”
- Report: Dawson Knox undergoes surgery on fractured hand - WGR 550
- Dawson Knox has surgery; bye week helps his timeline for return | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills say TE Dawson Knox fractured hand in loss to Tennessee Titans - ESPN.com
- Observations: Broken hand will keep Bills tight end Dawson Knox out indefinitely | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills tight end Dawson Knox breaks bone in right hand | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Report: Dawson Knox broke bone in his hand WGR 550
- Sean McDermott confirms Dawson Knox fractured his hand in Tennessee on Monday night - BuffaloBills.com
Odds and ends
How Josh Allen and the offense are turning to play action to enhance the passing game. Plus, we go to the All-22 film review to grade the play of Allen, Matt Milano, Jordan Poyer, Jerry Hughes and the rest of the Bills, learn how Buffalo let the Tennessee Titans escape with a win on Monday Night Football, and get to know the nine players the Bills are bringing in for a tryout.
- PlayAction: Bills enhance passing game with play action | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Missed scoring chances and defensive disappointments in loss to Titans: Bills All-22 film review – The Athletic
- Bills host nine for tryouts, including QB Jake Dolegala and OT Evin Ksiezarczyk | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com