The Buffalo Bills (4-2) head into their bye week in first place in the AFC East and in fourth place in the AFC following their 34-31 loss to the Tennessee Titans on Monday Night Football. Despite their impressive showing during a recent four-game winning streak, there are still areas where the Bills need to improve.
On the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico dive into ways the Bills can solidify their football team for an anticipated run at a Super Bowl title, from exploring positions of need and potential trade targets to discussing underperforming players who are holding the team back.
Among the topics discussed:
- General manager Brandon Beane loves to wheel and deal. Will he make a trade (or several trades) before the Nov. 2 NFL trade deadline?
- What to do with the surplus of defensive linemen? And how can Buffalo create more consistent pass rush from its front four?
- Should the Bills bring in a veteran cornerback like a Kyle Fuller or a Bryce Callahan, two names that have been linked to Buffalo, or a veteran tight end like Evan Graham or Jacob Hollister to provide help while Dawson Knox recovers from a broken bone in his hand?
- How can the Bills shore up their offensive line, particularly when it comes to run blocking?
- Josh Allen is feeling the pressure to step up and deliver the big-time plays that lead Buffalo to victory. How will Allen deal with that pressure over the second half of the season?
- What can Allen and the Bills offense do to solve its red zone scoring woes? Last year, Buffalo scored on 62 percent of its drives in the red zone. This year, it is down to 55.2 percent, and a major reason for the decline is teams are blitzing less in the red zone, creating less room for Allen to run while creating fewer openings for Allen to hit his receivers.
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for Boccacino and D’Amico’s thoughts, and feel free to leave your thoughts on which areas the Bills need to improve upon heading into the stretch run of the season in the comments section below.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. & Big Newt, The Overreaction Podcast, Food For Thought, The Chop Up, Hump Day Hotline, Off Tackle with John Fina, Bills Mafia Time 2 Shine and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone | YouTube
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
If you like our show, tell a friend and spread the word!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this in Apple News, you’ll need to head to your podcast app or phone’s web browser to hear the embedded audio file.