The NFL owners gathered in New York City for an owners meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday, and the Buffalo Bills’ plans for a new stadium was a talking point at the sessions. Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by discussing the latest news around a proposed new stadium for the Bills, including owners Terry and Kim Pegula debunking rumors of a downtown stadium.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills owner Terry Pegula leaves NFL Owners Meetings as COVID close contact - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills TE Dawson Knox ruled out of Miami Dolphins week - Buffalo Rumblings
- Analysis: Bills record by uniform colors shows clear correlation - Buffalo Rumblings
- All-22 Analysis: Buffalo Bills interior offensive line - Buffalo Rumblings
- What’s going on with the Buffalo Bills’ red zone offense? - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D and Big Newt: Buffalo Bills mid-season(ish) report card - Buffalo Rumblings
- Devin Singletary is the Buffalo Bills’ starting RB, just not the way you think - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills snap counts, play time, and personnel at the bye - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Mailbag Q&A: Interior OL options, Epenesa, more from Titans loss - Buffalo Rumblings
- Not Another Buffalo Podcast: Ranking AFC teams like Star Wars movies - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 NFL Draft: College football recap, Week 8 - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Latest on a new Bills stadium
Terry and Kim Pegula maintain that talks of a downtown Bills stadium is just “noise.,” while NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the talks between the Bills and New York State are “progressing in a positive way.” Meanwhile, Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz doesn’t want to provide stadium updates for fear it would hurt lease negotiations,
- Pegula executive rejects ‘noise’ about a downtown Bills stadium, insists Orchard Park is the best option – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Roger Goodell says NFL wants Bills ‘secure in WNY for generations’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Poloncarz: Legislators ‘can’t force me’ to provide Bills stadium updates | Local News | buffalonews.com
- NFL owners briefed on Bills stadium talks; Hochul expects project in state budget | Local News | buffalonews.com
Filling the void from Dawson Knox’s injury
The Bills feel confident they have players on the roster who can step in and fill the gap left by tight end Dawson Knox’s injury, led by his in-house replacement, Tommy Sweeney.
- Bills have myriad of options to fill void created by Dawson Knox’s injury - Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News, Analysis and More
- ‘Full confidence in Tommy’: With Dawson Knox out, TE Sweeney to step up for Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- What we learned from Bills tight end Dawson Knox’s shot put days | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Where do the Bills sit in the NFL power rankings?
Buffalo remains among the league’s top five squads coming out of the bye week.
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 8: Titans, Derrick Henry scaring everyone ahead of Halloween – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Bills will ‘hold down the No. 1 spot over the remaining five weeks of the season’ (Post-Week 7 power rankings) - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills remain among the top 5 teams in NFL power rankings | Week 8 - BuffaloBills.com
Honoring Josh Allen’s late grandmother, Patricia
One year after Bills Mafia raised more than a million dollars for Buffalo’s children’s hospital, the Oishei Children’s Hospital, a new wing was unveiled in honor of Josh Allen’s grandmother, Patricia.
- Josh Allen helps open a new hospital recovery wing in honor of his grandmother - BuffaloBills.com
- Oishei Children’s Hospital wing honoring Patricia Allen unveiled to Bills QB Josh Allen - WKBW
- Grandmother of Bills’ Josh Allen honored with a wing at a Buffalo children’s hospital - CBSSports.com
Odds and ends
Turning our attention to Week 8 and the Miami Dolphins, we learned that offensive lineman Spencer Brown missed practice with a back injury, and we discuss why Buffalo’s history of playing on Halloween has been no treat. We also hear from NFL experts on their predictions as Buffalo looks to sweep the season series from Miami, view Buffalo’s report card after a 4-2 start to the season, find out why Josh Allen’s success over the Dolphins could persuade the team to deal for embattled quarterback Deshaun Watson, explore how Miami’s defense is struggling to get off the field on third down, and much more!
- Spencer Brown to miss Bills practice with back injury | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills’ Halloween history no treat - newyorkupstate.com
- Dolphins at Bills spread, odds, picks and trends: Expert predictions for NFL Week 8 game – The Athletic
- Bills report card after six games: A’s and B’s for all except one unit - Democrat & Chronicle
- Mark Gaughan: Specter of Bills' Josh Allen looms over Miami's QB decision | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Third-down woes loom for Miami defense as it prepares for Bills’ attack | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills owner Terry Pegula exits NFL meetings after possible Covid exposure at daughter’s wedding | Local News | buffalonews.com
- Erik Brady: Take O.J. Simpson's name off Bills Wall of Fame, and don't put it up in new stadium | Columnists | buffalonews.com
- From Marcus Mariota to Evan Engram: One NFL trade deadline candidate for every team – The Athletic