The Buffalo Bills (3-1) thoroughly dominated the Houston Texans (1-3) en route to a 40-0 victory on a rainy Sunday at Highmark Stadium.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links recaps the good (how about that suffocating defense, the tenacious pass rush, the ground game, and Tyler Bass!) and the bad (red zone offense, Josh Allen’s first pass of the day, Matt Milano leaving with a hamstring injury) from Buffalo’s second shutout victory in the last three weeks.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Takeaways: Buffalo Bills drop a 40-burger and shut out the Houston Texans - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 40, Houston Texans 0: Rapid recap and notes - Buffalo Rumblings
- Matt Milano leaves game with hamstring injury - Buffalo Rumblings
- Overreaction Postgame Show | Bills vs Texans - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Buffalo Bills have two-game lead in East race - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Recapping Buffalo’s 40-0 shellacking of the Texans
Read the game recaps describing how Buffalo managed to hold the Texans to eight first-half yards of offense and less than 100 total yards of offense while forcing five turnovers (four interceptions and a fumble) in becoming the first team since the 2000 Baltimore Ravens to post two shutouts in the first four weeks.
- Bills dominate Texans to earn third-straight win - WGR 550
- ‘We could have scored a lot more points’: Even in blowout, Bills offense looking to improve | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Another blowout gives the Bills reason to strut, but they won’t – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Maiorana: Bills defense was absolutely dominant in 40-0 laugher over Texans - Democrat & Chronicle
- Buffalo Bills defense reminds Emmanuel Sanders of his past Super Bowl teams - newyorkupstate.com
- ‘We have a farm system here’ | Young players step up in Bills’ victory over Houston - BuffaloBills.com
Position grades, report cards, observations from win over Houston
We grade the Bills after their shutout win over the Texans, the worst loss in Houston franchise history. We give out game balls to the rushing attack (Devin Singletary, Zack Moss, Josh Allen and co. combined to rush for 199 yards on 40 carries), Dawson Knox (two more receiving touchdowns), the defense (interceptions for Tremaine Edmunds, Micah Hyde, Jaquan Johnson, and Tyler Matakevich plus sacks for Carlos “Boogie” Basham Jr. and Star Lotulelei), and more! Plus, we break down the plays that shaped the game and share the biggest takeaways from Buffalo’s third straight win.
- Report Card: Well-deserved straight As for Bills after blowout win over Texans | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills stifle Texans in rout; defense earns A+ (Week 4 report card) - newyorkupstate.com
- Report Card: Buffalo is pummeling QBs, Patrick Mahomes is next test - Democrat & Chronicle
- Capaccio: ArrowUp/Arrow Down: Texans at Bills - WGR 550
- Plays that shaped the game: Texans defense had no answer for Josh Allen’s athletic plays | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills post 2nd shutout in 4 games, win big against the Texans (8 observations) - newyorkupstate.com
- Top 3 things we learned from Bills vs. Texans | Week 4 - BuffaloBills.com
- Seven observations from Buffalo’s 40-point win over Texans – The Athletic
- Buffalo Bills serve Texans 40-burger, depth steps up on both sides of ball (9 reasons to be encouraged, 2 reasons to worry) - newyorkupstate.com
- Quarter by quarter: Texans show their cards early against Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Blanking Houston is nice...but Bills will get big test vs. Chiefs
It’s never too early to shift focus to Buffalo’s huge Week 5 clash vs. the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday Night Football.
- Jason Wolf: Bills have steamrolled three backup QBs. Here comes Patrick Mahomes | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Maiorana: Bills need to beat Chiefs to be considered AFC favorite - Democrat & Chronicle
Odds and ends
Tight end Dawson Knox is raising money to help pediatric cancer patients, LeBron James weighs in on the greatness of Josh Allen, and Erie County makes an investment in Highmark Stadium.
- Dawson Knox scores two TDs in win, gets trolled by Bills social media team - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills tight end Dawson Knox’s ‘Knox Sox’ to benefit pediatric cancer patients | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- LeBron James says Bills’ Josh Allen a beast - newyorkupstate.com
- County budget proposes $5 million to maintain Highmark Stadium | Local News | buffalonews.com