Many things went horribly wrong for the Buffalo Bills during their 9-6 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, none more glaring than with Josh Allen and Buffalo’s once potent offense, which was held without a touchdown and saw its streak of games with 20-plus first downs come to an end.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining what went wrong with the offense, and what can be done to get Buffalo’s offense back on track.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Jaguars: Defense stellar in forgotten effort - Buffalo Rumblings
- One-Stat Recap: Dreadful offense leads to embarrassing loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars - Buffalo Rumblings
- Snap Count Notes: Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars - Buffalo Rumblings
- Penalty Recap: Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills add WR Jake Kumerow to COVID-19 Reserve list - Buffalo Rumblings
- Brandon Beane’s bet on Boogie Basham backfiring for Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
What’s wrong with Josh Allen and the offense?
Buffalo’s setback vs. the Jaguars was arguably the worst loss the team has suffered during head coach Sean McDermott’s tenure in Buffalo. Before the loss to the Jaguars, Buffalo boasted the league’s number-one scoring offense (averaging 32.7 points per game), but the Bills could only muster two field goals and were held without a touchdown for the first time since a 9-3 loss at the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 17, 2017. We analyze the offense’s woes, offer up solutions to help the Bills break out of their offensive slump, and more.
- What happened to Bills offense? 4 things to fix to solve the slump - Democrat & Chronicle
- What went wrong with the Buffalo Bills offense, and can it be fixed? - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Bills’ Brian Daboll takes the blame for poor offensive performance vs. Jags - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills seek to get offense on track after historic record streaks come to an end - BuffaloBills.com
- Jim Kubiak: Bills’ offensive identity is Josh Allen, but what else? | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Other lessons learned from loss to Jaguars
The Bills employed plenty of nickel coverage on defense in the loss to Jacksonville, despite the absence of Taron Johnson. Plus, other lessons to be learned from the snap counts, what lessons the Bills should learn from this demoralizing setback, where this loss ranks among the franchise’s most embarrassing losses, whether the Bills deserve to still be among the Super Bowl favorites after the loss to the Jaguars, and more.
- What we learned from snap counts in Bills’ Week 9 loss, game ball and more | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills just wrote the book on how to lose to a bad team: Here are the lessons - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills just added a game to the worst losses ever: Here is the list - Democrat & Chronicle
- Should Bills still be considered Super Bowl contenders after dud vs. Jaguars? - newyorkupstate.com
Updated power rankings
As you would expect with a loss to the one-win Jaguars, the Bills tumbled in the latest NFL power rankings. How far did the Bills fall?
- Bills take tumble following ‘puzzling’ loss to Jaguars (Post-Week 9 power rankings) - newyorkupstate.com
- Where do the Bills rank in 2021 NFL power rankings at the midseason point? - BuffaloBills.com
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 10: Which teams are actually good? The Steelers, on a four-game win streak, make a case – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- 2021 NFL midseason report — What we’ve learned, questions and record projections for all 32 teams - ESPN.com
Odds and ends
On the injury front, we discuss the good (tight end Dawson Knox and tackle Spencer Brown are close to returning while cornerback Tre’Davious White and defensive tackle Ed Oliver avoided serious injuries) and the bad (cornerback Taron Johnson and running back Zack Moss are in the league’s concussion protocol) heading into Week 11’s game with the New York Jets. Plus, learn how you can provide your feedback on the future home of the next Bills stadium, find out why giving back this time of year is so important for All-Pro wideout Stefon Diggs, and read about the new job for former Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon.
- Observations: Dawson Knox, Spencer Brown nearing returns for Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Want to give elected leaders your opinions about a future Bills stadium? Here’s how | Local News | buffalonews.com
- November an important time for Bills WR Stefon Diggs to give back to community | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills place wide receiver Jake Kumerow on the Reserve/Covid-19 list | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Former Bills, Sabres President Russ Brandon named president of XFL | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Erik Brady: Search for ‘not ever victorious team’ spawned a diehard love for the Buffalo Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Former Buffalo Bills RB opens as underdog in boxing debut vs. former NBA All-Star - newyorkupstate.com