Offense. Defense. Special teams. In every aspect of the game, the Buffalo Bills (6-3) dominated the New York Jets (2-7) during a 45-17 trouncing in Week 10. Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by recapping the all-around win as Buffalo got back in the win column while rediscovering the formula that made the team a legit Super Bowl contender.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Takeaways: Buffalo Bills get back to basics in win over Jets - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 45, New York Jets 17: Rapid recap and notes - Buffalo Rumblings
- Snap count notes: Buffalo Bills at New York Jets - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Bills move into second place with Week 10 win - Buffalo Rumblings
- Circling the Wagons: Bills outfly Jets 45-17 to go 6-3 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills open as home favorites against Indianapolis Colts - Buffalo Rumblings
- Mitch Trubisky activated from Reserve/COVID-19 list, other Bills remain - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills injuries: Tremaine Edmunds day-to-day, Isaiah McKenzie alright - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Recapping the annihilation of the Jets
Buffalo’s offense was criticized for failing to score a touchdown while All Pro quarterback Josh Allen had reverted to some of his hero ball ways in a shocking loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. All that was a distant memory on Sunday as Allen looked incredibly sharp, moving the offense up and down the field at will. Buffalo rolled up a season-high 489 yards of offense, scored a critical touchdown right before the halftime, and got itself back on track in a demolition of the Jets. Allen had success throwing on first down, the running game found room to run, the entire secondary came away with big turnovers, and offensive lineman Spencer Brown and tight end Dawson Knox made their triumphant returns to the lineup.
- How did the Bills’ offense get back on track, and can they keep it going? - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Diggs, Breida play key roles as Bills post easy blowout of Jets - Democrat & Chronicle
- Simon: Josh Allen and company put on show against Jets - WGR 550
- Plays that shaped the game: Bills ravaged Jets with play-action passes on first down | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Matt Breida helps Buffalo Bills get back on the run | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Graham: Bills wake up and smell the urgency, play like Super Bowl contenders again – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Maiorana: Bills leaders help team refocus after ugly loss to decimate Jets - Democrat & Chronicle
- Complementary football helps Bills return to their winning ways - BuffaloBills.com
- Jason Wolf: Bills’ entire secondary records takeaways as defense continues to dominate | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills established a franchise record for points scored + other numbers we learned in Week 10 - BuffaloBills.com
- Upon Further Review: A.J. Klein answers the call for Bills when needed | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Report card, observations, reactions to Week 10 win
Buffalo’s offense set a season-high for yards of offense (489), the Josh Allen-to-Stefon Diggs connection is once again clicking, and Buffalo’s stout defense picked off Mike White four times and didn’t allow a touchdown until garbage time. It all adds up to a convincing win as the Bills got their groove back on Sunday.
- Report Card: Straight As are in order after Bills trounce the Jets | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills earn straight A’s after dominant win over Jets (Week 10 report card) - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills report card: Domination in every phase during 45-17 win over Jets - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills position grades: Stefon Diggs back on pace for big receiving totals | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Observations: Stefon Diggs, Josh Allen make convincing statement in big win over Jets | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Observations: Sean McDermott left starters in ‘to put the game away’ in blowout win | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Capaccio: Arrow Up/Arrow Down: Bills at Jets - WGR 550
- Bills punish Jets, 45-17, in bounce back win; force 4 Mike White interceptions (6 observations) - newyorkupstate.com
- How the Bills got their groove back on offense: 7 observations from a big win over the Jets – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Buffalo Bills look scary good again: How Matt Breida, Spencer Brown ‘sparked’ offense - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills starting secondary all record turnovers in blowout win over Jets (Encouraged/worried) - newyorkupstate.com
- Analysis: Josh Allen’s deep passing even better than in 2020 | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Top 3 things we learned from Bills at Jets | Week 10 - BuffaloBills.com
- What we learned from snap counts in Bills’ Week 10 win, game ball and more | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Odds and ends
We go back to the 1995 season to relive the last time the Bills scored at least 21 points in a third quarter, find out why the Bills (and the New England Patriots) received the best offensive grades in Week 10 from Pro Football Focus, learn why the Bills got good news concerning the health status of backup quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, and see how safety Jordan Poyer thanked Mike White for his turnover-prone performance.
- Wild memories: The last time the Bills scored 21 or more points in a third quarter | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- PFF: Bills, Pats had 2021’s best offensive grades in Week 10 - WGR 550
- Bills activate quarterback Mitchell Trubisky from Reserve/COVID-19 list - BuffaloBills.com
- Poyer thanks Mike White for throwing four interceptions - WGR 550