The Buffalo Bills extended their recent run of dominance over the Miami Dolphins to seven games, thanks to Sunday’s 26-11 win at Highmark Stadium. Several Bills stood out as having outstanding performances in the win, led by wide receiver Cole Beasley, defensive tackle Ed Oliver, defensive end Jerry Hughes, and safety Jordan Poyer.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by recapping Buffalo’s fifth win on the season, including game recaps, report cards, observations, and more as the Bills extended their lead in the AFC East race to two games in the loss column.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Takeaways: Red zone conversions power Buffalo Bills to win over Miami Dolphins - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 26, Miami Dolphins 11: Rapid recap and notes - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills injuries: Jon Feliciano “week-to-week” with calf strain - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Bills remain half-game back of top team in Conference - Buffalo Rumblings
- Cole Beasley is feast or famine for Buffalo Bills’ offense this season - Buffalo Rumblings
- Circling the Wagons: Bills’ offense comes back to life to defeat Dolphins, 26-11 - Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL Trade Deadline Primer: Buffalo Bills could be buyers - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Recapping Buffalo’s win over the Dolphins
Josh Allen and the Bills continued their mastery of the Miami Dolphins, with Allen improving to 7-1 all-time in his career against the Dolphins. We discuss the keys to Buffalo’s offense breaking out of a first-half slump, explore the second-half adjustments Allen and the offense made, dissect how Allen eventually took advantage of Miami’s blitzes, and analyze the disruptive performance from defensive tackle Ed Oliver that earned him a game ball Sunday.
- Graham: After first-half trickle, Bills let their ‘O’ flow in win over Dolphins – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Bills make smart second-half adjustments, but need to start faster - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Josh Allen credits Phil Mickelson for Bills’ second-half turnaround, victory against Dolphins | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Plays that shaped the game: Josh Allen eventually burned Miami’s blitzes | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- By the numbers: Bills quarterback Josh Allen just keeps squishing the fish | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- How Ed Oliver earned a game ball with his disruptive performance against the Dolphins - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills defensive tackle Ed Oliver reaping rewards of strong Sunday, with more to come | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- What we learned from snap counts in Bills’ Week 8 win, game ball and more | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Simon: No cruising, but still a victory for Bills - WGR 550
Reactions, report cards, observations
Beat writers covering the Bills across the country break down Buffalo’s 26-11 win over Miami. The reactions laud wide receiver Cole Beasley for rescuing the offense, and defensive tackle Ed Oliver, defensive end Jerry Hughes, and cornerback Levi Wallace for fueling the defense that stymied the Dolphins all game long. We then hand out report cards for the offense, defense, special teams, and coaching, and recap how the Bills bounced back from a slow start to improve to 5-2.
- Instant reactions: Cole Beasley saves the day as Bills offense comes out of funk - Democrat & Chronicle
- Beasley and Oliver excel, Ford is a bust and other observations after Bills win - Democrat & Chronicle
- Report Card: Defense once again easily passes test against Miami’s woeful offense | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Report card: Josh Allen and Bills offense rallied after a terrible first half - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills’ Josh Allen erases slow start with elite play late vs. Dolphins (Week 8 report card) - newyorkupstate.com
- Cole Beasley plays Dr. Frankenstein, brings Bills offense to life (Encouraged/worried) - newyorkupstate.com
- How Buffalo deconstructed an excellent Miami game plan: 7 observations from the Bills’ win – The Athletic (Subscription required)
- Bills avoid Halloween horror, overcome ugly 1st half in blowout win vs. Dolphins, 26-11 (7 observations) - newyorkupstate.com
- WR Cole Beasley earned national recognition for his performance against Miami - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills’ Cole Beasley says ‘weight lifted’ after quitting Twitter amid vaccine dust-up - newyorkupstate.com
Latest on injury to guard Jon Feliciano
After suffering a calf strain in the win over the Dolphins, Buffalo Bills starting guard Jon Feliciano is listed as week-to-week according to head coach Sean McDermott.
- Bills guard Jon Feliciano week-to-week with calf injury - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills’ Jon Feliciano week-to-week with calf injury - newyorkupstate.com
Josh Allen a guest on ESPN’s ManningCast
During ESPN’s coverage of the Monday Night Football game between the New York Giants and the Kansas City Chiefs, Bills All-Pro quarterback Josh Allen stopped by to reminisce about a time he drank Peyton Manning out of Labatt Blue Light and reveal what it would take for him to go smash a folding table. We also learned that Peyton’s son, Marshall, is a huge Josh Allen fan.
- Peyton Manning’s son a big fan of Josh Allen - WGR 550
- Peyton Manning’s son is huge Josh Allen fan, refuses to use own last name on flag football jersey - newyorkupstate.com
- Best of Josh Allen with Manning bros on ‘MNF’ | Week 8 - BuffaloBills.com
- Josh Allen, Jon Stewart, Michael Strahan and Michael Irvin join Monday Night Football with Peyton & Eli in Week 8 - ESPN.com
- Manning Cast Curse: Can Bills’ Josh Allen end jinx that Tom Brady, Matt Stafford & Russell Wilson have succumbed to? - newyorkupstate.com
Odds and ends
We discuss what potential moves the Bills might make leading up to Tuesday’s 4 p.m. Eastern trade deadline, examine the impact Josh Allen has made through his first 50 starts with the Bills, find out why Buffalo’s November schedule appears tougher than we first expected, hear why the man who called Sunday’s win over the Dolphins says the Bills are the team to beat in the AFC, and much more!
- Upon Further Review: 5 questions to consider as Bills approach trade deadline | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- 50 and fabulous: A look at Bills QB Josh Allen’s lofty totals after 50 starts | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills’ November schedule looking tougher after Sunday’s results - newyorkupstate.com
- CBS’ Andrew Catalon says Bills are the favorite in AFC - WGR 550
- Alan Pergament: CBS’ Andrew Catalon shines, James Lofton baffles but entertains in Bills telecast | Television | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen surpasses Kyler Murray as betting favorite for NFL MVP - ESPN.com
- O.J. Simpson attends Buffalo Bills game, shares memories of Rich Stadium (photos) - newyorkupstate.com
- More unvaccinated Bills fans caught trying to enter Highmark Stadium | Local News | buffalonews.com