The Buffalo Bills (7-4) won on Thursday to kick off the week for them around the AFC Playoff Picture. A bunch of big games resulted in Buffalo staying put in the standings, but improving their position nonetheless.
The big game this week featured the New England Patriots and Tennessee Titans for the top spot in the conference. The Patriots won, and both teams sit 8-4. The Baltimore Ravens (8-3) played the Cleveland Browns (6-6) on Sunday Night Football and squeaked out a victory. The loss plummeted the Browns, and elevated the Ravens to the new one seed. New England is second and the Titans go from one to three, a half-game ahead of the idle Kansas City Chiefs (7-4).
The Las Vegas Raiders won on Thursday afternoon before the Bills played, allowing them to keep up in the Wild Card race at 6-5, but they are on the outside looking in thanks to tiebreakers. The Cincinnati Bengals also prevailed to move to 7-4 and hold the top Wild Card spot. The Denver Broncos showed signs of life to move to 6-5, but are the final of the 6-5 teams in the standings. Way back, the Miami Dolphins won to bring their record to 5-7, or as I like to say, 5-5 in games not against the Bills.
Here are where the playoff picture stands right now. Note: It’s listed in playoff order so the top four seeds are division winners.
- Baltimore Ravens (8-3)
- New England Patriots (8-4, win over TEN)
- Tennessee Titans (8-4, loss to NE)
- Kansas City Chiefs (7-4)
- Cincinnati Bengals (7-4, 5-2 AFC)
- Buffalo Bills (7-4, 5-4 AFC)
- Los Angeles Chargers (6-5, 2-1 AFC West, win over CLE)
- Las Vegas Raiders (6-5, 1-2 AFC West, win over DEN, 4-3 AFC)
- Denver Broncos (6-5, 1-1 AFC West, loss to LVR, loss to CLE)
- Indianapolis Colts (6-6, 5-3 AFC)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (5-5-1 win over CLE, 3-4 AFC)
- Cleveland Browns (6-6, loss to PIT)
- Miami Dolphins (5-7)
- NY Jets (3-8)
- Houston Texans (2-9, win over JAX)
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2-9, loss to HOU)