From adding a cornerback and bringing in more help along the defensive line to dealing for a tight end and a better punter, the Buffalo Bills were linked to several players in the days and weeks leading up to Tuesday’s NFL trade deadline.
But the 4 p.m. Eastern trade deadline came and went without Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane making any deals. Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining the reasons behind why Beane and head coach Sean McDermott opted to not acquire any new talent via a trade.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL trade deadline: Bills were reportedly in on Von Miller - Buffalo Rumblings
- New York State’s stadium report in line with Pegula Sports and Entertainment assessment - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Miami Dolphins to watch at the Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Buffalo Bills to watch against the Miami Dolphins - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills ranked all over the top ten in Week 9 NFL power rankings - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: All the teams with a winning record currently in playoff spots - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills extend winning streak vs. Miami to seven games - Buffalo Rumblings
- Sean McDermott remains perfect coming off a bye week - Buffalo Rumblings
- Two Buffalo Bills practice squaders placed on COVID-19 list - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Mailbag Q&A: Interior OL options, Epenesa, more from Titans loss - Buffalo Rumblings
- Code Of Conduct live at 9:35 Eastern Tuesday night - Buffalo Rumblings
- Not Another Buffalo Podcast | ‘Phin Squish Analysis, Jags Preview - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
NFL trade deadline passes, no moves from Bills
Much to the chagrin of some Bills fans, general manager Brandon Beane did not make any trades to shore up the Bills’ roster heading into the stretch run, although it came out that the Bills inquired about a trade for Von Miller before the Denver Broncos dealt the talented defensive end to the Los Angeles Rams. Instead, the team signed wide receiver Austin Proehl and offensive lineman Jacob Capra to its practice squad.
- NFL deadline passes without any trades by Buffalo Bills; 2 players put on practice squad Covid-19 list | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills called Broncos inquiring about Von Miller trade before Rams got him (Report) - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills stay quiet on Trade Deadline Day, announce PS moves - WKBW
- Bills add WR Austin Proehl and OL Jacob Capra to the practice squad - BuffaloBills.com
State releases its stadium feasibility study
While there weren’t any trades for the Bills, Tuesday was notable as the Empire State Development corporation released the findings of its new Bills stadium study, which puts the price tag for a new stadium in Orchard Park at $1.4 billion. Learn more about the study, which also supported the team’s claims that renovating Buffalo’s current stadium would be cost-prohibitive.
- Study recommends new Bills stadium, silent on Orchard Park vs. Buffalo location | Local News | buffalonews.com
- New Bills stadium would cost $1.4 billion in Orchard Park: report - Democrat & Chronicle
- NY state feasibility study backs Buffalo Bills in bid to build new stadium - newyorkupstate.com
- State stadium study released - WGR 550
- Empire State Development: Buffalo Bills stadium study is complete | News 4 Buffalo
Last thoughts on win over Dolphins
We hand out position grades from Buffalo’s 26-11 triumph over the Miami Dolphins and analyze how defensive ends Jerry Hughes, Greg Rousseau, and Mario Addison constantly generated pressure on Miami quarterback Tua Tagovailoa. We also dive into how All-Pro quarterback Josh Allen took advantage of Miami’s second-half blitzes to kick-start the offense, and see where the Bills check in with the latest NFL power rankings.
- Position grades: Bills DEs won the battle vs. Miami OTs | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Jim Kubiak: How Josh Allen and Bills capitalized on Dolphins’ blitzing ways | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills are ‘clearly the AFC’s best team right now’ (Post-Week 8 power rankings) - newyorkupstate.com
Odds and ends
We get the latest news on the strained calf suffered by starting right guard Jon Feliciano and see how the injury could affect Buffalo’s offensive line for its Week 9 game vs. the Jacksonville Jaguars. We also relive Josh Allen’s appearance on ESPN’s Monday Night Football broadcast with Peyton and Eli Manning, discuss why the Bills are one of the AFC teams most likely to go on a winning streak in the coming weeks, and more!
- Observations: Bills guard Jon Feliciano listed as week to week with strained calf | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Katherine Fitzgerald: Even if he hates Halloween, Josh Allen was treat for viewing folk on Manning Cast | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Which AFC teams will get hot in upcoming weeks? ‘GMFB’ weighs in - BuffaloBills.com
- Howard Picks the Bills: Week 9 - WGR 550