The Buffalo Bills (5-2) travel south to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-6) in Week 9, and on the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico have everything you need to know as the Bills look for their third win over a team from the state of Florida this year.
Among the topics discussed:
- Jacksonville’s rookie quarterback Trevor Lawrence has seen his fair share of struggles early in his career. Through his first seven games, how similar are Lawrence’s stats compared to Buffalo’s Josh Allen early in his career?
- Lawrence has had a penchant for throwing interceptions so far, though he has cut down on the interceptions of late. How can Buffalo confuse Lawrence and will its opportunistic defense continue to create turnovers?
- How Jacksonville’s physical receivers, especially Laviska Shenault Jr. and Marvin Jones, will provide a challenge for Buffalo’s starting CB2, Levi Wallace, and what Wallace needs to do to hold his own in coverage.
- How Lawrence and the Jaguars’ offense lack a weapon who can stretch the field.
- The Bills have succeeded in containing the opposing tight ends, a trend they hope will continue against Dan Arnold, who has been one of Lawrence’s favorite targets.
- Why defensive tackle Ed Oliver and defensive end Jerry Hughes are poised for big games vs. Jacksonville.
- With guard Jon Feliciano and tackle Spencer Brown sidelined, what Buffalo can do to slow down the other Josh Allen, Jacksonville’s dynamic edge rusher?
- Why Buffalo’s offense would be wise to unleash wide receivers Cole Beasley and Emmanuel Sanders over the middle to take advantage of a weak linebacking corps, led by Myles Jack, who has seen quarterbacks complete 14-of-17 passes where he was the closest defender this year for a total of 157 yards and two touchdowns
- Unlike Buffalo, the Jacksonville defense is completely inept when it comes to forcing turnovers, with just two on the year.
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for Boccacino and D’Amico’s thoughts and their score predictions as Buffalo looks to defeat Jacksonville for the fifth time in the last seven meetings. Leave your thoughts and your score prediction in the comments section below.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. & Big Newt, The Overreaction Podcast, Food For Thought, The Chop Up, Hump Day Hotline, Off Tackle with John Fina, Bills Mafia Time 2 Shine and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone | YouTube
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this in Apple News, you’ll need to head to your podcast app or phone’s web browser to hear the embedded audio file.