After a breakout rookie campaign, wide receiver Gabriel Davis has taken a back seat in the Buffalo Bills’ offense, thanks to the emergence of tight end Dawson Knox and the play of veteran Emmanuel Sanders.
But with Sanders sidelined for this week’s game vs. the Carolina Panthers, today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining how Davis could assume a larger role in the offense, and why his emergence could be key for the Bills down the stretch.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills’ rooting interests for Week 15 feature huge games in AFC Playoff Picture - Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL revises COVID-19 procedures due to spike in cases for previously vaccinated individuals - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Carolina Panthers broadcast map Week 15 - Buffalo Rumblings
- All-22 analysis: Buffalo Bills corner Dane Jackson - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: Diagnostic Difficulty - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D and Big Newt: The Bills can win out - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Gabriel Davis could spark offense
During an impact rookie season, Gabriel Davis caught 35 passes for 599 yards with seven touchdowns. But then the Bills signed veteran free agent Emmanuel Sanders, and in a crowded wideout room featuring All-Pros Stefon Diggs and Cole Beasley, along with the emergence of tight end Dawson Knox, Davis saw his snaps reduced to start the 2021 season. But Davis has scored touchdowns in consecutive weeks, and now, with Sanders listed as week-to-week with a knee injury, Davis has an opportunity to step up and contribute. Plus, breaking down the key matchups to watch as the Bills host the Panthers.
- Gabriel Davis’ increased role in passing game could benefit Bills down stretch (Things to watch vs. Panthers) - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills’ Gabriel Davis thanks Josh Allen for trusting him, expects big boost in playing time | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- With Emmanuel Sanders out, Gabriel Davis can step to the forefront for Bills - Democrat & Chronicle
- These 3 matchups should shape Panthers at Bills contest - Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News
- PlayAction: Bills' center has a lot to talk about when he gets to line of scrimmage | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- How we see it: Will Bills beat the Panthers in Week 15? | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Dion Dawkins: Bills offense has same mentality as Stephen Curry as critical final playoff push begins - newyorkupstate.com
Update on Josh Allen’s foot sprain
For the second straight session, Josh Allen was limited in Buffalo’s practice leading up to Sunday’s home game vs. the Carolina Panthers.
- Josh Allen limited for second-straight day - WGR 550
- Bills quarterback Josh Allen still limited in Thursday's practice | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Odds and ends
We take a look at the updated AFC playoff picture following the Kansas City Chiefs’ overtime win over the Los Angeles Chargers, commend defensive tackle Harrison Phillips for his outstanding play on the field and impact off the field, discuss whether the Bills could buck the trend and leave the suburbs of Orchard Park for the city of Buffalo, and fight out which former Bills tight end will be the Legend of the Game when Buffalo hosts Carolina.
- NFL playoff picture 2021 - Standings, brackets, scenarios after Chiefs-Chargers, plus Week 15 outlook - ESPN.com
- Harrison Phillips’ work both on and off the field has been exemplary - Democrat & Chronicle
- Back from the suburbs? Bills’ return to Buffalo would be an unusual reversal – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Scott Chandler to return as the Bills Legend of the Game | Week 15 - BuffaloBills.com