The Buffalo Bills are seeking both revenge and first place in the AFC East when they take on the New England Patriots Sunday afternoon, but the Bills will be without one of their top wideouts when they head to Foxborough.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off with the news that slot receiver Cole Beasley has tested positive for COVID-19, was placed on the league’s Reserve/COVID-19 list, and will miss the rematch with New England.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Cole Beasley tests positive for COVID-19 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jon Feliciano’s COVID-19 forced him to seek medical treatment - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills place three more players on Reserve/COVID-19 list - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Bills hang onto Wild Card spot following Week 15 win - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Here’s how Buffalo Bills can still nab one seed - Buffalo Rumblings
- Circling the Wagons: Bills kick the Panthers while they’re down, 31-14 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Carolina Panthers to watch at the Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Buffalo Bills to watch vs. the Carolina Panthers - Buffalo Rumblings
- Penalty recap: Carolina Panthers at Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- New Bills’ Orchard Park stadium agreement could be in place in next ten days - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
WR Cole Beasley won’t play in pivotal AFC East clash
Slot wide receiver Cole Beasley tested positive and will miss Buffalo’s battle for first place in New England on Sunday afternoon. Beasley, who reportedly is not vaccinated, must quarantine for ten days before he can return to the team. It is a big blow for Josh Allen and the Bills’ offense, but Beasley is not the only Bill battling the virus. Like many teams around the league, the Bills are dealing with their fair share of COVID-19 cases. Guard Jon Feliciano recounts how he was forced to spend time in the emergency room due to COVID-19, while Buffalo placed defensive end A.J. Epenesa, left tackle Dion Dawkins, and linebacker Tyrel Dodson on the Reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Bills place WR Cole Beasley on COVID-19 list; will miss Patriots game - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills’ Cole Beasley tests positive for Covid-19; reportedly still unvaccinated, to miss Patriots game - newyorkupstate.com
- Beasely placed on COVID-19 list; will miss Patriots game - WGR 550
- Bills place Cole Beasley on the reserve/COVID-19 list - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley: ‘Covid is not keeping me out of this game. The rules are’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Cole Beasley: ‘Covid not keeping me out of (Patriots) game. The rules are’: Bills WR posts statement - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills’ Jon Feliciano spent time in ER due to Covid-19, received monoclonal antibodies - newyorkupstate.com
- Observations: Bills’ issues with Covid-19 continue as A.J. Epenesa becomes latest addition to reserve list | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills place Epenesa, two others on Reserve/COVID-19 list - WGR 550
- Bills place A.J. Epenesa on the reserve/COVID-19 list -BuffaloBills.com
Early thoughts on Week 16 vs. Patriots
The Buffalo Bills don’t have to wait long for a shot at redemption against the New England Patriots. After falling at home to New England 14-10 on Monday Night Football, the Bills can take over first place in the AFC East with a road win against Bill Belichick and the Patriots. Can Buffalo’s red-zone offense continue its recent hot streak? How has running back Devin Singletary established himself as Buffalo’s top back? We discuss these important topics and more!
- ‘We know who’s up next:’ Bills focused on chance at AFC East lead against Patriots - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Analysis: Bills’ red-zone offense looking up, but here come the Patriots | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills notes: Singletary clearly top RB, defensive line finally applies pressure - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills eye rematch against New England + 3 other notes from the victorious locker room | Week 15 -BuffaloBills.com
- Position grades: Bills getting a little more out of first-down runs | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Jim Kubiak: Bills QB Josh Allen’s ball skills could key next step of his development | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- 2021 NFL expert predictions, odds and spreads: Picks for Week 16, including Patriots vs. Bills and Steelers vs. Chiefs – The Athletic (Subscription required).
Odds and ends
We hear from New York State Gov. Kathy Hochul on two potential timelines for getting a new Bills stadium in Orchard Park done, see where the Bills sit in the AFC playoff picture, take a look at the snap counts from Buffalo’s 31-14 win over the Carolina Panthers, find out how #BillsMafia is making a difference through donations to the Rural Outreach Center of East Aurora, and more!
- Hochul says state will accept Orchard Park as site of new Bills stadium | Local News | buffalonews.com
- Gov. Hochul supports keeping new Buffalo Bills stadium in Orchard Park - newyorkupstate.com
- Hochul offers two timelines to Bills stadium deal done - WGR 550
- Where the Bills stand in the AFC playoff picture after Week 15 -BuffaloBills.com
- Boogie Basham outsnaps Greg Rousseau along Bills’ defensive line in win over Panthers | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills Foundation donates $50,000 to the Rural Outreach Center - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills fans get billboard outside Gillette Stadium, again - WGR 550
- Alan Pergament: Raise a glass to Fox analyst Jonathan Vilma for providing more Bills love than studio crew | Television | buffalonews.com